Never saw something like this before in the swamp!

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting. If it were me I'd be interested enough to take it first to a competent geologist and then, depending on the answers I got there, possibly on to a university's Anthro department (never take it to a museum). There are many cover stories that can be used to prevent it from being confiscated. They really are interesting pieces and especially for the area you located them in.
Deepsix

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
First thing you do is take a LOT of photos of the location so you can place it exactly as it was where you found it. Especially if it came from Fossis' neck of the woods. There are chances that it could mark something that is Not a natural occurrence in your neck of the woods.

Just a little FYI. If it comes to nothing, you won't have the heartache of trying to figure out where it went, after you move it.

OD

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
Yes I have seen these. Right here on this forum. Hmmm.....who posted those pics? Hang on, I'll go see if I can find the thread.

They are natural formations.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Tricia,

They were posted by Fossis Under the topic "Mystery Stones"

They are common aparently where Fossis is, But not in Louisiana.
Which is my point. The old Spanish used to cart things like this all over. they would carry a strange stone for hundreds of miles to place it on the trail as a marker.
A natural thing in an unnatural place or position. Because it gets noticed. These things are a basic fact when watching Spanish signs and symbols.

It may be nothing.
But if it does turn out to be a critical marker on a trail, sure would be nice to know exactly what position it was in before you moved it. Many trails have been lost By doing things like that.

But I'm not in Louisiana. It isn't my trail.
You all do as you will anyway so .
No problem
I hope you all do find a huge treasure.

countrygrammy

Sep 15, 2006
i say, i really think it was made but not by nature.I want to say

mayans people but dont know if i spelled it right.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread