Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know nothing of treasure signs, But I will say, that in my younger years, my friends and I left many of those! It looks like there could be a + in the middle and letters below. It was usually guy and a girl dating or whatever. Hiking and leave your initials in some tree hoping to come back to it years later. We even did a few on our own land. Sometimes we would even push a quarter,trinket, or something in the ground at the base, just for fun. They heal over and it doesn't hurt the tree. I may be way off...That is what it reminds me of...:dontknow: Tree Graffiti!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shiloh

Shiloh

Jan 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think your way off. But thanks

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think your way off. But thanks

:laughing7:I don't know anything about treasure signs, just saw the thread and that's what came to mind when I saw the picture.:laughing7: I've chiseled my initials and date in sand stone too. But I doubt anyone will ever stumble across that! It is in the middle of no where! :laughing7:

Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to get a picture from a distance. So we can see more of the tree.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
Beech tree with common initial carvings. Seen by the hundreds where I live. Love them though. They are one of my favorite trees and can live to be VERY old.

[email protected]

Feb 8, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be 4 Varas or go around to Left side of the tree and look for a V or go around the left side of the tree and look for anything that looks like a V or a rifle sighting rock or rock formation or could be another monument with a carved V or 45. Now if you take the numerical value of the letters 4=D and 5=V cause of the Roman numeral 5= V. That all it comes to mind right now. Maybe some broader pic will help. Jus to see how the
Background area look.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is also something small at the left of V

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Apr 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
Wish I could afford one, but I can't so I use my tongue
Primary Interest:
Other
.... grab some chalk, PREFERABLY they really soft stuff, and highlight this so it can be seen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread