X with Nail in Middle, 13 Links of Chain and Metal Tab with Hole

TexasLithicHunter

Tenderfoot
Mar 1, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any ideas about these markers? The chain links are from same tree as metal tab and the X is marked on a tree with in a few feet.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would be nice if all the pictures were right side up. As for the hinge, use it as a peep sight, look through to see what will show up and if nothing look thru the opposite way. If nothing interesting, put you back to the hinge and walk straight away ( use compass to stay in line ) count the links of the chain and if you have 10, go that many times 33'' or 66'' to see what you find.
Good luck:coffee2::coffee2: have an extra cup for the road.

OP
OP
T

TexasLithicHunter

Tenderfoot
Mar 1, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the pointers. As far as the pictures, the platform is not the most mobile friendly.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If you have a mobile phone with the android Operating System, rotate the image.

It isn't hard to do with Android. If it's an I(ncompatible)-pad or I(ncompatible)-Phone, then I'm not sure.

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could have been a camping spot, and the chain/hinge to tie up horses. I couldn't see an X.

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
I would also see if the peep hole shows you the forked tree. If so put your compass on top of it and get the bearing. Like a reverse gunsight.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
The three bigger trees including the forked tree are a tree triangle. The 2 smaller ones , the one to the left and the one further to the right of the forked tree are bearings trees you shoot thru from the forked tree(NOT including the one right by the forked tree). The forked tree is also the main corner you use for everything or I guess you could call it the mother corner, indicated by the smaller tree next to it. So there are 2 lines you take off the triangle. The peephole is likely verifying one of the smaller trees off to the right of the forked one as the line to go from the forked tree.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread