Apr 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
Wish I could afford one, but I can't so I use my tongue
Primary Interest:
Other
.... Indian Camp, Buckhannon, Upshur County WV ... (don't forget this would have been Virginia through the time period) ... call it what you will SWIFT's SILVER MINE, LOST INDIAN SILVER MINE, ONE OF WV's BEST KEPT SECRETS ...... I am looking for ANY information regarding this mine and or descriptions of markers near hidden caches, etc. ..... I'm also looking for a hunting partner, if you are interested contact me ....... more info in my recent posts .... i plan to go to Indian Camp this weekend to take pictures of what signs and markers that I know of

Bigbender

Greenie
Apr 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am originally from Weston, but haven't lived there in a while. Always like to hear to of treasure tales. My advice would be to search the net or ask the older generation.

OP
OP
T
Apr 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
Wish I could afford one, but I can't so I use my tongue
Primary Interest:
Other
I am originally from Weston, but haven't lived there in a while. Always like to hear to of treasure tales. My advice would be to search the net or ask the older generation.

;) .. thats what im tryin to do here ... lol

Bigbender

Greenie
Apr 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of people that detect and dig bottles will ask the older people in the local area, because they might remember something that seemed out of place or they might have heard something from like back when they was growing up.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
A lot of people that detect and dig bottles will ask the older people in the local area, because they might remember something that seemed out of place or they might have heard something from like back when they was growing up.

Yep, nothing like boots on the ground and face to face discussions. I'm a skiptracer in my day job (just one of many duties). Being raised by a real bounty hunter, I learned the value of speaking to people - and more importantly - just listening to whatever stories they had to tell.

Same with you. Meet the old folks, get to know them. Once they feel comfortable with you, the information will come ... if it actually existed.

On a side note, as a Native American I need to ask: If we supposedly had all these gold and silver mines ... why didn't we just give them to you guys to buy our way to freedom?

I have the answer ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread