May 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpeg

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Ashley, My thoughts are that it tells you is to go 4 directions where you found the stone may be the center, how much land is involved, if you tell me its 40 acres You need a hard hat on cause I'm throwing rocks your way. do you have any idea where it came from. Stuff like that's important

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
One of the things that roll around inside my head is that small items are sometimes overlooked and also It is my belief is that a + ( PLUS ) sign shows the 4 compass degrees / 90 / 180/270 and 360 degrees where a X shows the 45 degrees / 135 /225 /315, or that's what I think and always use magnetic and not grid. The good part about it is if you know where you found it or close ( with-in 1/2 mile ) then you can find the corners that it may be represented, I would expect the corners to be 1.25 miles from the center and will be well marked

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
I usually don't respond to P.M., unless its something that is personal or if its ask to not reply, I believe that folks need to have a chance to respond ( get involved ). Something that is useful to identify those who made the carvings is to know the compass degrees that they used, the measurements that they used, Where they used which ones, trail markers, 95 percent of those used are trail markers Everybody please Use the knowledge that you learn from your ventures to share what you learn with others. It in my opinion that there is very little treasure left to find, If you can find an old worked out mine and get Real Lucky you could possibly find something of value, The real treasure is locating and working the system used as they did. Learn how to follow sign, the same way others have done Good Luck and I really mean that

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread