Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone seen anything like this. I was led to this symbol by a bahamian this march while fishing in elutherea. I was told that very few people know about it. He said that 4 people including me were the only ones to have seen it. The material around the letters/symbol was carved about an inch and a half deep. The total size of the symbol was about as big around as a soda can. It was inside a cave that you have to enter from the water at low tide only. It must be calm too or you will be thrashed. This person wanted to know if it was treasue related. I have no idea if it is but I could find no other symbols inside the cave. The inside was quite roomy. Enough space for 6-8 people to sit comfortably. Cave floor was sandy with leaf litter from a small hole in the ceiling. I will take pics. this nov. When I go back. photo-59.JPG
HTML:
I cant figure out how to rotate the image. It should read with lines on paper horizontal.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You need to rotate it BEFORE you upload it. Get your photo editor (adobe, gimp, whatever) and rotate it then save it before uploading.

symbol1.jpg

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank u for that. I was trying to do it after th upload. Im slowly learning. Thanks again.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thanks for that!! There are many wrecks in the area several only a short distance away. Many are still undiscovered. I will check project elutherea web site and go through the known list of wrecks. This cave lies off the devils backbone only a couple miles from the famous preachers cave. It is still very well hidden. Many famous pirates frequented this area including calico jack, charles vane, and get this henry every whose initals would be HE. Almost looks like a backwards offset E in the symbol. Im strecthing with that. Thats me wanting to connect the two. This bahamian wanted me to divulge this symbol thats why im being free with the general area. They have been stumped with the symbol for the last few years since discovering it. I will research the Mercury connection thanks for the advice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread