A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Meaning since nothing works for you, other than puffing yer cancer
sticks, heckling those still researching & working, able to do more
strenuous exercise, than pecking a keyboard, & being negative...
Obviously aint working too much, not a good report in sight.
How's that destructive, dark approach playing on out???
... :sunny: :fish:
:cross:
~:Crosse:~

In the words of the incomparable Peter Green ...

bonuntr

Jun 7, 2012
Utah's Outback
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 LE, Garrett Eagle Eye Deepseeker, Goldbug 2, Bounty Hunter 505, Whites Super 500 Deepseeker, (old, but fun)!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be some of the naysayers and rabble rousers who like casting doubt on these invaluable posts are Sentinels? Just a thought.

Here is one that is as yet unsolved....This heart, is perplexing as it gets....Questions....Spanish or newer? The lines on top are generated by little old me, so that you can see them. The erosion has gotten to it so badly, that I had to wait for dark and use a flashlight beam crossing it to see most of them, except the drill holes.
The inside of the red line is where the stone has been sanded smooth
The green lines have been etched into the stone
The solid orange dots are drill holes
The orange circle is either drilled or natural.
Using the crossbow method, the heart lies at 55 degrees east, or thereabout.

Any ideas as how to decipher it!

There are turtles and whatnot, but I dont want to add them as at this point they would only serve to confuse...
heartinsitu.JPG

Jakeellison82

Jul 24, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a thought but have you considered that it might be shaped like a bell as well??? That would mean Jesuit
And that could narrow down your starting point-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
What ever is needed for the project I am working on--I am a cache hunter
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Post 2010

These are just some of my thoughts--try them --possibly some will work:
1 The red line represents the area or terrain line
2 the deep grove on the left represents a gully / wash / canyon
3 The line by the right orange dots represents a trail
4 Your orange dots--represent two functions--distance and the location of a important Spanish Marker
( so you also are given a arrangement / pattern of the layout of the important Spanish Markers )

This brings to mind--or raises other questions in my mind--why don't you follow Sandy1 's advise--
To me it is easy to rapidly locate the "A" frame--then take your treasure aura photos to pin down the location of the catch.
or do the opposite:
Take your treasure aura photos first--then locate your "A" frame---this is so fast and so easy--why are you struggling
to interpret the meaning of a small moveable stone--if it were really important--in my opinion--it would not be small
and easy to move.

If you simply follow Sandy1's advise--you will make a great deal faster progress.

Barton

bonuntr

Jun 7, 2012
Utah's Outback
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 LE, Garrett Eagle Eye Deepseeker, Goldbug 2, Bounty Hunter 505, Whites Super 500 Deepseeker, (old, but fun)!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post 2010

This brings to mind--or raises other questions in my mind--why don't you follow Sandy1 's advise--
To me it is easy to rapidly locate the "A" frame--then take your treasure aura photos to pin down the location of the catch.
or do the opposite:
Take your treasure aura photos first--then locate your "A" frame---this is so fast and so easy--why are you struggling
to interpret the meaning of a small moveable stone--if it were really important--in my opinion--it would not be small
and easy to move.

If you simply follow Sandy1's advise--you will make a great deal faster progress.

Barton

Barton,
The heart is small on the top, 19" across, but, I have dug down on the face of it. It is buried 2 1/2 feet in the ground, neither small, nor movable. I am sorry, I should have said that in the first post, my bad. There are hundreds of signs in the area, including more than 40 A frame rocks. Huge owls, small owls, huge turtles, small turtles, (made of a pile of stones, less than 3 feet long. This particular turtle has only the two front flippers, and a small heart for the tail). Royal dogs, hoyos, carved, head to head snakes, with a cairn in the middle, that is on a peak surrounded by cliffs, over 70 feet tall. A fully resting dog at the entrance to a camp spot in a cave, on and on.....The area is rough and ledgy with a 69% slope. After searching for almost 7 years in this particular yard, I have went back to the beginning, the heart.....
As the area it is in is not accesible by road, the aura photos will have to be taken from either a remote mountainside, or an aircraft. Tedious, dangerous area.....
Thank you though,
It is one I hope to solve before going on the next adventure that we all must take...
bonuntr

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Barton,
The heart is small on the top, 19" across, but, I have dug down on the face of it. It is buried 2 1/2 feet in the ground, neither small, nor movable. I am sorry, I should have said that in the first post, my bad. There are hundreds of signs in the area, including more than 40 A frame rocks. Huge owls, small owls, huge turtles, small turtles, (made of a pile of stones, less than 3 feet long. This particular turtle has only the two front flippers, and a small heart for the tail). Royal dogs, hoyos, carved, head to head snakes, with a cairn in the middle, that is on a peak surrounded by cliffs, over 70 feet tall. A fully resting dog at the entrance to a camp spot in a cave, on and on.....The area is rough and ledgy with a 69% slope. After searching for almost 7 years in this particular yard, I have went back to the beginning, the heart.....
As the area it is in is not accesible by road, the aura photos will have to be taken from either a remote mountainside, or an aircraft. Tedious, dangerous area.....
Thank you though,
It is one I hope to solve before going on the next adventure that we all must take...
bonuntr

If you can hike close enough to take this pic, you can set up to capture an Aura,
which is the easiest, least hassle way to locate the close proximity of cache, if there...

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hello Bonuntr, Post 2014,

If you have been working a site 7 years--maybe you should consider a new approach.
Look for positions as far away as possible--say 100--500 yards --where you can place the Pentax Optio w10 camera
where the sun is not on the lens and take thousands of photos morning noon and afternoon from as many sides as possible--
hang in there and persist to get the treasure aura as Sandy 1 has shown.

I will also throw in my two cents of advise--I would take a small safe to dig cache any day--over a major cache that is heavily
protected by a dozen D. Traps.

If your site is that loaded with Spanish Markers--there has to be some small caches there too--which will be a lot safer to go after.

Do not give up on the camera--my first 4,000 photos had nothing on them--what did I do? I picked a new location and took
another 20,000 photos!

bonuntr

Jun 7, 2012
Utah's Outback
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Inquiring minds want to know.....
What do ya'll make of this?
My son and I had just uncovered the mouth of this tunnel when these blue wisps came out. The wind was blowing quite hard, yet they hung around for at least 5 minutes, moving back and forth, in and out of the tunnel. I have been a miner for going on 40 years, and have never seen thier like. The tunnel is around 5 1/2 feet in depth, and has been back filled all the way to the back, Definitely not caved in over the eons. It is one of those I would like to open, but it would require a dozer to make a road in a mile and a half to get any type of machinery in there. So, it remains unsolved, at least for now.
Could these be auras? Maybe even spirits? (Laugh if you like, but, while treasure hunting and exploring, I have had more than one experience that cannot be explained).
I am posting one of the better photos below....
bonuntr
whattheblue.JPG

clifdweller

Aug 18, 2017
southwest
Detector(s) used
dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I mentioned in an earlier post a site I call Daddy because of the very large throne (throne, king, daddy, get it?). Here are the pictures.
P1010054.JPG P1010056.JPG The next 4 pictures are of a shaft sign and/or snake head, you tell me. P1010060.JPG P1010061.JPG P1010063.JPG P1010064.JPG close up of throne P1010065.JPG throne at noon P1010090.JPG throne on other side P1010066.JPG the other side of the range, fish mouth? P1010071.JPG A face looking up P1010073.JPG on the left is a face, on the right is a column P1010074.JPG center is an elephant on the right is a face P1010075.JPG this is a rock formation about 2 or 3 miles away, there are 5 different pictures showing shaft signs and on the right a face, side view P1010076.JPG P1010077.JPG P1010078.JPG P1010079.JPG P1010084.JPG This next group should have been uploaded before, they go with the first group. P1010085.JPG P1010067.JPG
I've been thinking. All 3 sites, castle, western and daddy, are visible from a road, hiking areas or biking areas. These were so easy to find I think I'll go looking a different direction away from the crowded areas.

Thanks all.

Last edited:

clifdweller

Aug 18, 2017
southwest
Detector(s) used
dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
From my previous post, "this is a rock formation about 2 or 3 miles away, there are 5 different pictures showing shaft signs and on the right a face, side view."

The part near the center of the tall rock that may look like a weird version of a mouth is not the one I am referring to.

The face is not really visible in the first three pictures but at the extreme right in the last two (not the last two in the post, they are supposed to be with the first group) it reminds me of the (I forgot his name) god of the sea.

I relish your comments, everyone.

Thanks all.

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Post 2021

Neptune

clifdweller

Aug 18, 2017
southwest
Detector(s) used
dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've been wondering about this one for a long time. It's too close to a highway but may lead to something in the nearby hills. For now I think it will remain an interesting curiosity. P1010119.JPG

Thanks all.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I've been wondering about this one for a long time. It's too close to a highway but may lead to something in the nearby hills. For now I think it will remain an interesting curiosity. View attachment 1513331

Thanks all.

Now, I don't know a whole lot, but that looks like the area may have been blasted to lay that roadway. Just my opinion, but I've been wrong before, so who knows.

clifdweller

Aug 18, 2017
southwest
Detector(s) used
dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Actually, there is an existing creek between the roadway and the cliff face. The blasting or bulldozing was done on the other side of the road. This cliff face has been untouched by workmen, as far as I can ascertain. By this I mean, by observation and inquiry. So I don't really know how old it is.

Thanks all.

bonuntr

Jun 7, 2012
Utah's Outback
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandy1,

Props to you for providing so much great information on this thread. I do have a question.....In your own personal experience, what percentage of digs have there been that have nothing in them? I only ask, because I have found many "digs" that are empty upon excavation, even though they have had the original markers in place, along with the proper stones while going down on them. It would be of much help!
NOTE: These sites look to have been reburied by the original peoples that made them.

Another question if you don't mind...
I have a site that I have found the death trap at, only, above it 20 varas there is a headstone. On the side of the headstone, looking at a forty five degree angle from the trap, there is a face, (or skull) carved looking away. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
bonuntr

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
Sandy1,

Props to you for providing so much great information on this thread. I do have a question.....In your own personal experience, what percentage of digs have there been that have nothing in them? I only ask, because I have found many "digs" that are empty upon excavation, even though they have had the original markers in place, along with the proper stones while going down on them. It would be of much help!
NOTE: These sites look to have been reburied by the original peoples that made them.

Another question if you don't mind...
I have a site that I have found the death trap at, only, above it 20 varas there is a headstone. On the side of the headstone, looking at a forty five degree angle from the trap, there is a face, (or skull) carved looking away. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
bonuntr

bonuntr, I asked Sandy1 the same question a long time ago. I believe the question is off limits. Not sure why...

I have a question for you bonuntr, just out of curiosity because you state that out of many digs, you found nothing... Roughly how many crisscross spots did you dig and how deep did you dig?

Thanks in advance.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions