A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is what I meant about being stuck on the writings/graffiti on the rocks.

Many of the markers that you find in the field are used at multiple sites and will be in the same type of locations such as a base of a hill or in a wash, this was due to the fact that there were rules that were followed and therefore the people that came back for these caches knew what to do when they found a certain marker in a certain spot, in otherwords it was understood what to do once they found a Owl or Duck etc. in a specific area and there was no need for any explanations on the rocks/boulders themselves as too what to do next, this also prevents anybody outside the recovery people from figuring out what to do with the markers.

Now back to the picture.

The purpose of this boulder is simple, it is there to stop you as you are going along the base of the mountain and tells you to look up the mountain behind it, you might be wondering how I know what direction to look since there is nothing on the boulder that would indicate a direction to look, it was understood that the boulder is directly below/downhill from the Important cache that is up the hill from it and to ad to this info the closest 15 degrees on a compass that is going up this mountain from the boulder to the cache is 75 Degrees.

Here is the Boulder with the cache location, I am marking the cache location with a pentagon, this is how simple this stuff really is (until you get within 100 feet then it gets complicated), if you get hung up in all the writing/graffiti you will be completely lost and not even get close to where you should be.
1 (6).jpg

Last edited:

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is what I meant about being stuck on the writings/graffiti on the rocks.

Many of the markers that you find in the field are used at multiple sites and will be in the same type of locations such as a base of a hill or in a wash, this was due to the fact that there were rules that were followed and therefore the people that came back for these caches knew what to do when they found a certain marker in a certain spot, in otherwords it was understood what to do once they found a Owl or Duck etc. in a specific area and there was no need for any explanations on the rocks/boulders themselves as too what to do next, this also prevents anybody outside the recovery people from figuring out what to do with the markers.

Now back to the picture.

The purpose of this boulder is simple, it is there to stop you as you are going along the base of the mountain and tells you to look up the mountain behind it, you might be wondering how I know what direction to look since there is nothing on the boulder that would indicate a direction to look, it was understood that the boulder is directly below/downhill from the Important cache that is up the hill from it and to ad to this info the closest 15 degrees on a compass that is going up this mountain from the boulder to the cache is 75 Degrees.

Here is the Boulder with the cache location, I am marking the cache location with a pentagon, this is how simple this stuff really is (until you get within 100 feet then it gets complicated), if you get hung up in all the writing/graffiti you will be completely lost and not even get close to where you should be.
View attachment 1609114

Sandy,

And how did you get within 100 ft (where it gets complicated)?

Did you get there from the bottom? ...or from the top?

It should be a piece of cake,....just like you said.

PS ....how do you figure they buried their stuff? From the top, or bottom?

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
They came into the cache area from the top, but they also had to mark it from the bottom as that was the rules.

Here is the Path they came down to the cache from the top.

The leaning Boulder on the bottom right is the cache Marker.
1 (16).jpg

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Sometimes they would use a large boulder to mark the cache area from the side as in Horizontally instead of vertical when looking at the mountain from down below.

Last edited:

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you also,(by any chance) have a picture of the "work' area? Also, what would be your approach (should you decide) to work that area?

Secret squirl

Sep 15, 2017
Nibiru
Detector(s) used
pulsestar II pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be interested in the close in markers. From the pic, measuring from the cactus triangles etc. would be almost impossible. So, what did you use to get to the x? What did you measure from?

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
The markers that were used at this site are in my guide #29

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see the whole picture there. Turn your picture from right to left. It's will show you guys more than most can see. At the bottom of river are a couple. Man and woman. When turned. The river is up and down. Couple on right side. Then the priest is on the upper see or left when turned. The priest is looking right at the place Sandy has marked. I don't know who can see what i do but there is a scene to be seen. It's do with different color stones. Truly amazing when seen. It's called the wedding party. Sorry Sandy but it's the first whole scene I've seen in a large place. It explains a lot to me. I've seen this scene on smaller stones with no real working site. Thanks for all your hard work. I study the Biblical side of these sites. That is only one of the caches there. The bride and groom are at the bottom. The feast is at the upper part where the caches is.

Secret squirl

Sep 15, 2017
Nibiru
Detector(s) used
pulsestar II pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They came into the cache area from the top, but they also had to mark it from the bottom as that was the rules.

Here is the Path they came down to the cache from the top.

The leaning Boulder on the bottom right is the cache Marker.
View attachment 1609231

The marker at the bottom had a head looking in a direction. Since the cache was located from the top down, did the head point the direction that would lead you to the trail that they used to get to the cache from the top?. From what I'm finding, markers seem to guide you to things they want you to see, and trails they want taken. They lead to things that can only be seen from a certain direction. Example, from top down, or from bottom up. I have found they can also lead to other places and when explored are also marked mountains.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
The marker at the bottom had a head looking in a direction. Since the cache was located from the top down, did the head point the direction that would lead you to the trail that they used to get to the cache from the top?. From what I'm finding, markers seem to guide you to things they want you to see, and trails they want taken. They lead to things that can only be seen from a certain direction. Example, from top down, or from bottom up. I have found they can also lead to other places and when explored are also marked mountains.

SS the answer to your question is on post #2669

Yes some of the long distance markers point you in certain directions, such as trail markers.

However the Markers (within 100 feet) Don't lead you to the cache even though they do mark the treasure or an invisible spot close to the treasure, but you would need information that is Not available in the field to use from the markers/invisible spot in order to get to the cache.

Here is a good Example: lets say there is a treasure buried in the middle of a Triangle, first you have to know that you are looking for a triangle (also you would need to know that there are specific carvings on each point of the triangle or each point is lit up so as not to confuse each point with any random boulders that may not be one of the real points of the treasure triangle) then you have to know that the treasure is in the middle of the triangle.

So to sum it up, There is absolutely no information in the field to show or verify that your looking for a triangle or that your looking for the middle of the triangle, this is what I meant by the original recovery team having Understood information that they used in conjunction with the markers in order to get back to the treasures.

Last edited:

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
However the Markers (within 100 feet) Don't lead you to the cache even though they do mark the treasure or an invisible spot close to the treasure, but you would need information that is Not available in the field to use from the markers/invisible spot in order to get to the cache.

Hello Sandy1 and good evening everyone. With regards to your last statement above, I was under the impression that sometimes the markers (alignments) that are close, do lead to the exact spot to dig which is the crisscross.

Is this not the case then? That sometimes the cache WILL BE at the exact crisscross spot that all the alignments point to? Or will the cache NEVER be found at a crisscross but rather close to it?

Thanks in advance for your help and clearing this up for me.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
A, what I was trying to relay is that the single markers don't look at the spot to dig, when you are using alignments then your not looking at markers that individually point you to the spot to dig (No carvings) but when you have two markers aligning to a spot then it is not anything carved that gives away the spot by looking at it.

Far too many people are under the impression that the individual markers/carvings will lead to the treasure by just looking right at the spot to dig, but this is not the case from what I have found, they can look close to the area but never right at the actual entrance, the entrance is not looked at by faces or carvings, when you see owls and faces etc. pointing/looking into a cave these are just enticers telling you to dig or look here and keeping you away from the actual hidden entrance.

The crisscross spot can be in some cases the entrance, but it can also be an invisible point of a triangle, or they could have just Known to go from the crisscross spot with a single degree and distance to the entrance nearby, and of course it wasn't necessary to show that information in the field.

Its all about protecting the treasure by keeping it hidden and the best way to do that is to not give any of the final entrance information in the field.

Jul 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A, what I was trying to relay is that the single markers don't look at the spot to dig, when you are using alignments then your not looking at markers that individually point you to the spot to dig (No carvings) but when you have two markers aligning to a spot then it is not anything carved that gives away the spot by looking at it.

Far too many people are under the impression that the individual markers/carvings will lead to the treasure by just looking right at the spot to dig, but this is not the case from what I have found, they can look close to the area but never right at the actual entrance, the entrance is not looked at by faces or carvings, when you see owls and faces etc. pointing/looking into a cave these are just enticers telling you to dig or look here and keeping you away from the actual hidden entrance.

The crisscross spot can be in some cases the entrance, but it can also be an invisible point of a triangle, or they could have just Known to go from the crisscross spot with a single degree and distance to the entrance nearby, and of course it wasn't necessary to show that information in the field.

Its all about protecting the treasure by keeping it hidden and the best way to do that is to not give any of the final entrance information in the field.

I have to strongly disagree with what you just said about owls/faces looking at a cave. it is not an enticer whatsoever, I'm not sure why you believe this honestly but you are wrong in this assumption sandy!

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I have to strongly disagree with what you just said about owls/faces looking at a cave. it is not an enticer whatsoever, I'm not sure why you believe this honestly but you are wrong in this assumption sandy!

Please show us examples.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Ok this stuff is undeniably fascinating but one thing I just have a hard time reckoning in my mind is why these guys would go through the time-consuming search for natural features in the landscape that suit their needs, then more time-consuming not-to-mention dangerous labor of moving the rocks that were able to be moved, and yet even more time-consuming labor of carving symbols just to bury small caches. In the cases of large vaults.. multiply time and work by a factor of 100 or more.

This begs the question - Why didn't they just haul to the coast or rivers and hide it nearby for easy retrieval ? For a people renowned for their ingenuity it sure seems like an awful lot of extra work and risk.

I'm not looking to derail the thread, just the answers to why this was done. If it's part of the mystery or there "are no good answers" - that's good enough and I won't post in this thread further :) thanks !

Last edited:
OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Ryano, its pretty simple the Europeans could not haul everything they found and mined back to Europe so they had ground vaults to store the caches until they could get them back to the ports bound for Europe, as to why there are so many Vaults it is due to there really being that much treasure to hide and spreading it out across the country instead of putting it all in one area (at the ports) was actually smart.
The problem most don't understand is that there are massive amounts of treasures that are still buried in storages across North America and South America.

Also if you read the first of my guide I explain why these treasures are still buried.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok this stuff is undeniably fascinating but one thing I just have a hard time reckoning in my mind is why these guys would go through the time-consuming search for natural features in the landscape that suit their needs, then more time-consuming not-to-mention dangerous labor of moving the rocks that were able to be moved, and yet even more time-consuming labor of carving symbols just to bury small caches. In the cases of large vaults.. multiply time and work by a factor of 100 or more.

This begs the question - Why didn't they just haul to the coast or rivers and hide it nearby for easy retrieval ? For a people renowned for their ingenuity it sure seems like an awful lot of extra work and risk.

I'm not looking to derail the thread, just the answers to why this was done. If it's part of the mystery or there "are no good answers" - that's good enough and I won't post in this thread further :) thanks !

Perceptive (if not obvious) thoughts Ryano. Those aren't welcome on this thread.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Perceptive (if not obvious) thoughts Ryano. Those aren't welcome on this thread.

See, you're still confused.

Asking questions isn't the problem, insulting members is the problem.

Offering other explanations isn't a problem (nor has it been frowned upon), but being dogmatic in criticizing other members is a problem and it is frowned upon.

So far, other members ask questions or give other explanations based on their knowledge while on the other hand you and your buddy sometimes attack and criticize.

wisdomkeeper

Jun 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ryano! We including myself, tend to think western, logically and practical. Trying to understand why they did the things they way they did was pretty simple but you have to think like they did. For starters they were ruled by dictator style kings with very harsh rules and punishments. Tow the line or die! We in America don't do well with being told what to do and tend to think on our own. They did not. Some were free to come to the new land and search for wealth but with stipulations. You had to mark your mines according to law, map them and give one fifth back to the king. Please realize that their were generations of family over two hundred years of mining the America's. Some were given land and mines by the king. But still had to give back a portion. The other part we can not understand for the most part is forcing slaves to dig in your mines and work for you for bread and water. The Spanish overlords were evil men infected with greed to find more wealth on the backs of someone they thought were beneath them and not royalty. It was nothing for them to have slaves move rocks, dig holes, crush rock, smelter ore, pack the gold to untold distances for whatever reasons. I have seen whole mountains with the tops removed and just stand in awe. How was that possible. Simple.... Slave labor. Logic had nothing to do with it. Greed did. They were evil men willing to do whatever they had to gain wealth. Think of the movie Zorro with Antonio Banderas. All the slaves including kids is not to far off and the Don's sickness to have all the wealth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread