A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
It's all a broken Hallelujah. You can't win here. Keep it to yourself.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
CDS I believe what you have is called a Hardy its a blacksmithing tool used with a anvil and forge, and that's an old one you got there.Good find keep the faith and stay safe.
It looks like an abused hardy or possibly a child's toy.

It would never work as a hardy because the stem is mushroomed and would never fit in the anvil. If it ever was a hardy the owner must have hated it to beat it so badly.

It's obviously being used as a child's toy by some on this thread. I don't see much value in that but some folks just gotta play.
HMK 959 if you want to start a conversation with SDCFIA go start your own thread it does not belong on this one.
I still see it as being the replaceable head on a hand held splitting maul. That also explains the mushrooming on the hind end.

Secret squirl

Sep 15, 2017
Nibiru
Detector(s) used
pulsestar II pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all a broken Hallelujah. You can't win here. Keep it to yourself.
13-.jpg

Glad you are still upright. Haven't seen you post in a while. Most people are not posting much these days. Guess im guilty too. So..... I guess this is just natural. LOL

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
It looks like an abused hardy or possibly a child's toy.

It would never work as a hardy because the stem is mushroomed and would never fit in the anvil. If it ever was a hardy the owner must have hated it to beat it so badly.

It's obviously being used as a child's toy by some on this thread. I don't see much value in that but some folks just gotta play.

I still see it as being the replaceable head on a hand held splitting maul. That also explains the mushrooming on the hind end.
1708835367261.jpeg

Absolutely ridiculous assumption. It's a very old hot cut hardy, possibly used for something
else too, & that's why the stem is slightly mushroomed. The Spanish had blacksmith tools too!
I hate to even reply to you, because you just seem set on trying to start trouble, that's all.
You didn't even know it was a hardy until cyzak pointed it out. It's NO toy, but a very old tool,
deteriorated from the elements, soil & time, & appears to've been buried for a very long time.

Had I known it was a tool used in blacksmithing, I certainly wouldn't have posted pics & asked.
I just had the curiosity & nerve to put it out there, thinking it could be... It was used in a manner that
naturally mushrooms where the hammer strikes it, & it's a cutting tool. Nothing unusual about the
wear at all, & no HATE involved, in fact it was most likely loved, a very long time ago, just very old & very much deteriorated.
But I am asking for moderation here, because of your always attempting to be stirring up strife,
with no contribution to the thread topic at all, Just saying provoking untruthful stuff.

Treasure_Hunter, does this guy just get to keep on doing this mocking? It proves or
helps nothing or no one. Never a positive contribution at all, just trying to lure trouble.

Last edited:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
View attachment 2133342

Absolutely ridiculous assumption.
I hate to even reply to you, because you just seem set on trying to start trouble, that's all.
You didn't even know it was a hardy until cyzak pointed it out. It's NO toy, but a very old tool,
deteriorated from the elements, soil & time, & appears to've been buried for a very long time.

Had I known it was a tool used in blacksmithing, I certainly wouldn't have posted pics & asked.
I just had the curiosity & nerve to put it out there, thinking it could be... It was used in a manner that
naturally mushrooms where the hammer strikes it, & it's a cutting tool. Nothing unusual about the
wear at all, & no HATE involved, in fact it was most likely loved, a very long time ago, just very old & very much deteriorated.
But I am asking for moderation here, because of your always attempting to be stirring up strife,
with no contribution to the thread topic at all, Just saying provoking untruthful stuff.

Treasure_Hunter, does this guy just get to keep on doing this mocking? It proves or
helps nothing or no one. Never a positive contribution at all, just trying to lure trouble.
Obviously not a metal worker. I'll try to explain with pictures this time.

An anvil has a 3/4" square hole on it's face called a "Hardie hole". (or hardy or hardee) Here's a picture of an anvil that shows the hardie hole:

Many tools are made with a 3/4" shank to fit in the hardie hole. This allows many different tools to be fit to the anvil in such a way the tool doesn't move. Metal is then worked over the tool. The hardie tool is not driven into the metal but the metal is driven onto the static hardie tool.

If the shank portion is not square, as in the example photo you are saying is a hardie, then it could not function as a hardie. It would not fit in a hardie hole. Just that simple.

I'll leave it to you to explain why what you are calling a hardie tool couldn't fit a hardie hole.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Obviously not a metal worker. I'll try to explain with pictures this time.

An anvil has a 3/4" square hole on it's face called a "Hardie hole". (or hardy or hardee) Here's a picture of an anvil that shows the hardie hole:

Many tools are made with a 3/4" shank to fit in the hardie hole. This allows many different tools to be fit to the anvil in such a way the tool doesn't move. Metal is then worked over the tool. The hardie tool is not driven into the metal but the metal is driven onto the static hardie tool.

If the shank portion is not square, as in the example photo you are saying is a hardie, then it could not function as a hardie. It would not fit in a hardie hole. Just that simple.

I'll leave it to you to explain why what you are calling a hardie tool couldn't fit a hardie hole.
Clay, this is a thread where factual denials and fallacious arguments often reign.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
HMK 959 if you want to start a conversation with SDCFIA go start your own thread it does not belong on this one.
This is what he was asking, a valid pertinent question... He wrote his observation in a PM:
I think it's a good valid point, & deserves to be clarified.

I mean sdcfia and claydiggins who disagree with all signs and don't consider any signs to be treasure related. HMK959

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is what he was asking, a valid pertinent question... He wrote his observation in a PM:
I think it's a good valid point, & deserves to be clarified.

I mean sdcfia and claydiggins who disagree with all signs and don't consider any signs to be treasure related. HMK959
What insulting nonsense. When did you make this piffle up?

I can't speak for sdcfia but I have been following treasure signs and recovering the treasure I find for probably more years than you have been alive. I have been very successful - so much so that I have made a living from it for decades.

I think you folks need to get off your favorite high horses and start paying attention to the facts. I have discovered all my treasures by separating the fiction from the fact. If you want to actually recover treasure you might consider this method. It's proven very effective.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
It's never on topic with you is it? Always personal insults but no verifiable knowledge.

Good luck with that.

:laughing7:
:laughing9::laughing7::laughing9:
You're the one appears to like to insult. Any of your supposed many treasures Spanish?
If you know so much about treasure, why don't you start your own thread & show it?

Last edited:

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread