A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
:This has been a fun area to research, & there's a lot more to story.
I would call this sort of a 'textbook' scenario in a particular way,
& I think you all would enjoy... The rest of the story, if I tell it...

I personally would LOVE to hear the rest of the story and I have a gut feeling it may end up confirming what many of us have also experienced at sites. If you decide you don't want to share that's ok. I understand the reasons.

These are some of the better pics I've seen in a while. I'm glad you found this site and that you learned and confirmed a lot for yourself my friend.

God bless and keep you safe in your adventures. :icon_thumleft:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
I personally would LOVE to hear the rest of the story and I have a gut feeling it may end up confirming what many of us have also experienced at sites. If you decide you don't want to share that's ok. I understand the reasons.

These are some of the better pics I've seen in a while. I'm glad you found this site and that you learned and confirmed a lot for yourself my friend.

God bless and keep you safe in your adventures. :icon_thumleft:

Yeah nothing bad or hairy to tell, but maybe just more sentinel suspicion confirmed, lol.
I'm working to save the best for last, as story tellers do. True story, began last September
with an outing, about the time sandy's markers that relate to treasure thread was going
good. I first noticed the trees in a picnic area looked similar to some in a place I have
spent a lot of time studying, & that the James gang more than likely rode through
from time to time. Not that this area was necessarily one of their haunts, but is
definitely not too far from where Bell Starr & Blue Duck lived... North of where
there is a cave used by various outlaws back then, & where a tough breed
of hillfolks made their living in sawmill camps way out in the deep woods.

In fact, it could have been close to the area Rooster Cogburn was so
rudely called a "one eyed fat man". The story goes the US Marshal
was working chasing down bad outlaws in "the nations, or the 'ol
Indian Territory", lol... Oh, I guess it was actually filmed in CO.
Anyway, a lot of secret activities back in them woods, before...

Last edited:

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
I was able to find the small D shaped rock by looking at the line from the heart to the eye and then comparing that to the carving to find the location of the D rock.

That's an awesome discovery mdog. I guess my only question is how did you know the distance to the hole from the D rock with pointer? Does the "D" mean 100ft?

Thanks.

Jul 25, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for all of the time and effort that you have put into this. Very informative. :icon_thumleft:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
:
.. View attachment 1472791
.. View attachment 1472792
:
.. View attachment 1472793
.. View attachment 1472794
:
.. View attachment 1472795
.. View attachment 1472796
:
.. View attachment 1472812

Lower boulders may have escaped the manipulation of modern equipment,
though some have been several times before, & fairly recently, completely
covered with fresh flooding water from 3 rivers, countless creeks, stained &
pounded with the wind & waves, until the lake was finally lowered back down
to normal levels, leaving them to again weather in the sun & other elements...

Last edited:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
That's an awesome discovery mdog. I guess my only question is how did you know the distance to the hole from the D rock with pointer? Does the "D" mean 100ft?

Thanks.

I measured the distance. The hole was there so I didn't have to dig or use a metal detector. There was probably something on the D rock that gave the distance, maybe the measurement in inches from the pointer to the cleft in the D rock. After I found the hole, I figured that the distance information would have been known to those who recovered the cache. You're welcome.

geotaughtme

Dec 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine pictures 008.jpg

geotaughtme

Dec 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone carved a 12 foot long 8 foot tall "arch" 10 foot wide cave and left visible gold on the walls and buried "something" in the center of the cross (Burned two fires) and sealed it up. It wasnt touched until last year. This is Jesuit markings that is not up for debate. One made did this carving marks are the same width as my hammer. I was told an experienced Jesuit could do this in two days. The Cross with a circle in the middle is the symbol for gold, There were tools also (no maps). I want to cataloge all the symbols since I never saw them till they were pointed out to me.

geotaughtme

Dec 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And Sorry Sandy and others I blew it with a small charge buried in wet sand. It was 4 feet deep.

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something that very few people talk about, Partners/Workers, I have had a couple of good ones but far too many bad ones, anybody else have any experiences with them?
YES SIR: I had two different one's that went back to the site afterwards. They left evidence of their being there. One describing the place to someone else. The other moved stones around to metal detect, BUT both were fooled and found nothing of value.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread