A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Right Quinoa, but then who can really say "probably not necessary down south"
when the aura's are so rare & hard to get captured. Why not take as many pics
as possible, & have a better % of opportunities. Just because you happened to
get an aura the 1st pic, 1st camera looked at, doesn't in the situation, mean it
could or even will likely happen ever again. So that's why I like to try and have
more than 1 going. Besides the fact that there's more areas that can't ever be
viewed, or overlooked with just one camera here. Not like the huge canyons
out west, whether north or south. If I set up that far back, then believe me,
it's most likely I wouldn't ever see anything, I've tried. The so very thick
obstructions, will not allow anything to be seen over or through them.

I don't know if you guys can really picture trying to use cameras in the smaller
types landscapes with the kind of trees & brush there is here, it isn't the same.
So there's not really any way to guide someone trying to get pics with an aura
in the very thick rolling hills that some are working within. If it ever produces
only time will tell, but I figure it's well worth trying, & for my time, I prefer
to set multiples up, since it's more difficult anyway, possibly less likely so
why not go for it. Doesn't take that long to set them up, once you're
familiar with going through the sequence. But I think timing is key,
and probably some lucky timing also, since it's so inconsistent.

BTW, I noticed there is exact specs in more than one model,
& similar in other models, except for the ISO lighting in auto,
the internal memory capacity, and the screen size. Maybe one
day the different models with same or close to same specs could
be tested, to see if they will work as well. But with such a random
result, it's like saying one fishing pole or bait, may work better than
another. Just too random to say how many pics or cameras will work.

The new batteries with the "premium Japanese cells", as well probably
as other fresh batteries, have no problem doing all of the pics and then
some, I have found. But I have yet to even try an original battery, since
as they say, time is precious, and it's light years ahead of guessing on it.

But it certainly would not need to be "a repeatable phenomena" if when
it works out that one aura is enough to get the job done, the next one
should rather be another new discovery, I would think. That's close
enough to being successfully scientific. You don't tell someone to
go write another hit song, then we'll believe you thought up the
one you've already had success with, that's just common sense.

Last edited:

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
What ever is needed for the project I am working on--I am a cache hunter
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sandy1,

What can you tell us about the meaning / use or intent ; of the large flat stones that are flush to the ground?

Barton

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I have found a few of them out here but they have never been a factor in finding the storages for me.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Last flat rock I looked at was off a storage turtle, and A frame rock, and lead to a caved-in spot where a 3x10 foot ledge of Quartz was right by a likely covered mine. Saw it yesterday , heh. Took 15 minutes to find it from the turtle which was right in an old trail, however there were a couple spots lining off the turtle as their usually is. If there is a gap between the head and the shell , you should always look thru that gap for another marker aligning you to another spot.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandy1's guide is perfect for finding storage locations. It will be the go to thread if it is still up 10 years from now. There are a few things that are ancient and occasionally pop up vs, Spanish or newer groups who relocated these spots. I'm not gonna talk a whole lot about them. But there are some unusual spots that are still out there, as well as trapped out spots that resemble these. For instance, a very large turtle, that the shell is really a cap rock. I have seen a couple that are open. And 1 or 2 of a 100 spots that are intact. Like a 5-20 ton or more cap rock shell. Not sure how to bust into them yet as a small time treasure hunter (no big equipment or army to open stuff up). Sledgehammer I guess, will hurt alot the next day or week even. But can't talk really about them much or show them.

I just know they are out there. I can probably show a couple above ground ancient storages, that are open , near sites with other markers leading to where they moved it. It's not that big of mystery, really. Not sure what I wanna show though anymore. The best method is gonna be the auras.

Even the place I mentioned many, many pages back that I dug up a coin cache from an aura, it was close in. We found it with electronic equipment after the aura, after we dug a huge hole around the aura, we were too close with the cameras (it was like 15 feet off and shot from under 300 feet away). It took about 25-30k photos to get the aura there, however we started near the winter months and were after something else and didn't get the aura on it. However, we pegged a huge one off to the side, later on from a longer distance, that has huge old markers going to it. Too scared to do it. It's a good spot, but man, there's some stuff out there you may not want to try and get to. I have a huge life insurance policy thru my business I am in. But I actually would rather live if you know what I mean.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, here, here's a small storage turtle with a line to go behind it's head. And an "oops" that is also behind it that someone missed a long time ago. These spots are very tricky and there are very few that are ok spots to go ahead on. 20170812_132444 oops.jpg 20170812_13283line thru back of head.jpg There should be something out front where it looks towards as well, but i was in shorts, and there was alot of poison ivy around... it doesn't agree with my skin at all.

If you follow the line up thru the A frame rock , you end up on a huge ledge of quartz, like 3x10 feet below a spot that looks caved in. Only spent a few minutes on it though, but that's how quik you can follow this stuff and how it was meant to be.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I have several turtles that were aligned by going over them as well.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, here, here's a small storage turtle with a line to go behind it's head. And an "oops" that is also behind it that someone missed a long time ago. These spots are very tricky and there are very few that are ok spots to go ahead on. View attachment 1482941 View attachment 1482942 20170812_13283line thru back of head.jpg There should be something out front where it looks towards as well, but i was in shorts, and there was alot of poison ivy around... it doesn't agree with my skin at all.

If you follow the line up thru the A frame rock , you end up on a huge ledge of quartz, like 3x10 feet below a spot that looks caved in. Only spent a few minutes on it though, but that's how quik you can follow this stuff and how it was meant to be.

On your second picture it sure looks like the shell is a snake head with his mouth open. Great marker by the way.

Last edited:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah the different angle the turtle is a snake head swallowing a turtle head. Same stuff you have a 1000 miles away! The turtle's head has heart shape in it's mouth , harder to see.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's the ledge of quartz up behind it all. View attachment 1482947 Tree fell on it? anyways more above it, the quartz piece is about 3x10 feet, but that's enough photos.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
The pictures are not coming through I have to repost a second time to get them to work for me, this is why you see so many edits on my posts.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Here, Im on 2 computers right now, will post the quartz stringer pics again. Just took some quik pictures, one of the bottom, one of the top near the cave in spot. 20170812_133356 boot for size.jpg 20170812_133521.jpg

but it's all quartz on the ground, it's a big vein.

Last edited:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
On the second picture, if you look on the left side and zoom in, very very closely, you can see whats left of a very old 6 pt compass rose. You will see it on some old spanish bars, as well. It has N/S and the solstices. They liked the sun and solstices, the older peoples were sun worshipers 20170812_133522   6 pt.jpg it does't matter though , the latter groups were more or less gold diggers. They worshiped other stuff, but it don't matter if you want to find the cache spots. It's all marked out the same ways, they only had boulders to mark it all out. There are no metal street signs that some guys apparently want.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
On the second picture, if you look on the left side and zoom in, very very closely, you can see whats left of a very old 6 pt compass rose. You will see it on some old spanish bars, as well. It has N/S and the solstices. They liked the sun and solstices, the older peoples were sun worshipers View attachment 1482966 it does't matter though , the latter groups were more or less gold diggers. They worshiped other stuff, but it don't matter if you want to find the cache spots. It's all marked out the same ways, they only had boulders to mark it all out. There are no metal street signs that some guys apparently want.

Or a story to the treasure which many people seem to think is necessary.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
That'ts exactly right. The stories are only there because someone stumbled on one of these type sites a long time ago that was eroded away or opened up mistakenly by a landslide. I know of a few that are exactly that and the owners even say so in their inheritance. I can show markers where I am at that would start many treasure stories for all to follow for years to come.. There are no big stories currently where I am at. Too funny.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
There are tons of stories here in AZ but they always seem to have the same theme, the cave or mine was found then whatever was in it was not taken out then lost again.

The rock markers going to vaults are all over the place here in AZ as well as many other states but for some reason Nobody seems to have any idea that they exist let alone talk about them.

This is why I came on tnet in order to get everybody to see that they don't have to chase that elusive story to a treasure and that there is plenty for everybody.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You are very correct, do not follow the stories, I have always said a treasure does not need a story to exist. And that is what these spots are all about. They exist big time, leave the stories in your truck and with the old timers in the cafes. They know nothing that will help you, they only know what they were told and have looked for with a wrong frame of mind. Worth a good laugh though.

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
The stories didn't get me interested till I started to notice things out hunting that matched up to them. The Who that was here to bury the treasure or to keep the marks up helped me to find more clues. The Spanish or Who ever it was that was here long ago before settlers, left different markers. There are markers that ain't that old here. Wondering if it's the same else where.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It's hard to sort them out, and some stuff is so eroded that you can't see it unless you back up with a camera and thumbnail the photo, much like the way they see petroglyphs. But some of these sites the stuff is older than petros,it won't help you anyways, cause someone , sometime , already found it and moved it out. The mines have occasionally been found and reopened for profit. Basically, it doesn't matter, because the same marker shapes/types are still out there and they lead to the same spots much of the time. Spend all your time figuring who did it, or all your time where it lays in the ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread