The Lone Star State

Attachments

• X mark.jpg
    X mark.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 1,057

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Dave if you dig here let me know if you are finding a lot of carved rocks small to medium.
Also, between your foot and the rock is a gray rock(small) that has white and black on it, then under the chin of the fish is a cresent moon, but when you look closer it looks like a mask, that's black on one side and white on the other, Follow the point of the moon to the left edge of pic. there is a gray rock that has more carvings on it. If you look all around you on the ground you will see carved rocks everywhere. That's what drives me crazy. VERY COOL FIND!!!!!!

Jacko

searcher

Oct 4, 2004
Hill Country TEXAS
Detector(s) used
White's. Old, yellow but still waterproof!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this looks like a broken cross!! carefull would be the key for me. lime stone like that weathers funny. have you followed where the broken end points? (left in the pic)
very cool find!!! got a good shovel?
searcher

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, did you look under and around it? Mother nature can do some amazing things too? Might be natural. Hope it is man made and the one who made it left something for you.

Ed

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Dave- Before you give up completely, turn the rock over and see what might be on the other side. Look for markers close by. smaller rocks, markings on ground, etc. I took another look at this and enlarged it. The long line of the "X" or cross is not attached, making it an "X". It has and arrow pointing just past the dark "T". Good luck !!!!

Jacko

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread