Cross with parenthesis? Number 5?

Jwmwawhw

Tenderfoot
Sep 16, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone tell me what a cross with parenthesis on top and bottom means on a map? Also what does the single number 5 refer to on a map? 20170916_162442.jpg 20170916_162442.jpg

OP
OP
J

Jwmwawhw

Tenderfoot
Sep 16, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything that I can tell is the cross is a Tobias symbol, meaning the journey begins here. Or begin reading the map at this point. The number 5 could possibly symbolize silver? But that I am not sure about. Also, if anyone knows the meaning to a solid circle on a map, I am stumped on that one. Any help is greatly appreciated!

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet jw -- I hope you can get some good info from this forum. Read all that you can on the threads and that will also help.
Good clear pictures of the actual carvings/signs will also be a big help to those who may know the answers to your question.
Have a great week.:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

RockHopper2

Nov 22, 2009
Fletcher, OK
JW, is the cross on a map or rock? If it's on a map it may be the last sign to use after you get the other signs worked out. If on a rock, will need to know where it is on the rock. May have to measure the cross for a distance. Rocky

OP
OP
J

Jwmwawhw

Tenderfoot
Sep 16, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's on a map. I'm having a hard time figuring it out.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Can anyone tell me what a cross with parenthesis on top and bottom means on a map? Also what does the single number 5 refer to on a map? View attachment 1494983 View attachment 1494983

Those Christian crosses with various embellishments are common and have numerous uses and meanings. However, treasure maps are a dime a dozen, so think carefully about why they become available and why you might choose to believe in them. Likewise, Christian crosses are frequently found carved or scratched on rocks. They also have many uses and meanings - mostly (but not always) simply as Catholic offerings of some sort.

If you find this kind of cross carving, take more notice:

Possession.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread