Possible Meaning of this Symbol Sought

Benjamin Gates

May 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a carving that my late treasure-hunting and research partner and I discovered several years ago. It's located in Texas in an area where there were Knights of the Golden Circle after the War and Spanish before them. There are many carved names, initials, and treasure-related symbols in the immediate area where we took this photograph. Most of them are from the late 1800s after the Civil War ended. I was going back through my large collection of photographs we took when I realized that I had never arrived at a conclusion as to the meaning of the question mark symbol (with a straight line instead of a dot at the bottom of it) in the place where a single digit (year) should have been. Maybe someone on here would like to give me their opinions as to its meaning.

View attachment 1514535

Here is a link to my Knights of the Golden Circle website:
Home - Knights of the Golden Circle

~Texas Jay

Texas Jay, the carving is a 19th century debit card LOL. You just have to figure out its pin number.

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Texas Jay, the carving is a 19th century debit card LOL. You just have to figure out its pin number.

Ha. Well, Benjamin, if that's the case, then the last number in the pin should be easy enough to figure out. That must be the reason for the ? symbol in its place. Somewhere between 0 and 9 should do the trick. :p
~Texas Jay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread