Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ummm yeah..they call that a stair case :D

It might be part of some ancient civilization from 1,500 years ago. It surely isn't some treasure sign though...so don't go there.

digman

Jul 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
L-Rods & MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yilpet, this is very old,
It looks ancient to me,
the dark yellow marks, are from the sea.
It's not in the States, It should be somewere around Middle East.
If I am still correct, this passage should be in the ancient route
from Persia to Greece, through Turkey.

What is around there?
At a mile distance, is there any small, very small, odd hill?
With height about 6 to 8 meters?
If there is one, and it's not opened, you just have hitted Jackpot!!!!

Anyway, search the place carefully, keep notes and read lots of local history books at the local library, after all it might only be just an
ancient passage.

hetty

May 24, 2007
I have seen a similar set up in the middle east years ago. At the highest point of the stairs will be a hidden cave type lookout on your right if the sea is on your left.

By testing the wall texture you will soon find it.
Hetty

OP
OP
Y

yilpet

Aug 24, 2007
And yes digman İt is in Turkey and yes there is a small hill around,i have think you think same as i do that it is a tomb around there,if you are interested about it,i can take pictures from around the letters and you cn check and if you get more interest on it we can do the work together and share what we get,i also have some other signs,for example a foot of a bear at another place etc.

feather

Jul 29, 2009
My two cents worth...Sea was much higher in those days hence the staircase being so high up the rock face. Nothing more going on there.

I know, I know....shoot me
Feather

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
So if it is by the sea...I would speculate..it is either a seaport of sorts, or a religious/tomb site of some sort.

It could be an unloading point if there is good depth of water. If so,,where would they be hauling to goods too? Does the trail continue at the top of the cliff?

If a religious/pilgrimage/tomb site I would be looking into the cultures in that area and eliminating possibilities.

For example some cultures did not hide tombs..others did.

If a pilgrimage or sacred rite site..what religions were practiced in that area..and what were their rites like?

Anyway...also think about world war I/II and prvious wars....could it have been carved during that time for war purposes? It looks pretty worn for that though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread