Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Like Tree1707Likes

Thread: ANCIENT VOICES: Ditlihis Journey Into The Truth Of Ancient Treasure In The Southwest

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Aug 2016
    3900 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by BillA View Post
    peculiar thread
    As I understand (little, eh) aboriginal societies, the shamans were the guiding spirit - and they were loaded whilst communicating with whoever.
    So, realistically, how would one presume to understand the iconography or symbolism without also being loaded?

And for those without the experience of interpreting things while high (or low !), do not for an instant believe it is the same as sober.

I too am quite fond of the SW desert, and hey - those rocks are shape-shifters also when one is dehydrated. Yet another line of inquiry.
    projection is not understanding
    my limited exposure is that drugs (sweat from toads, shrooms, etc.) were used as a component of communication activities
    that we, today, may communicate with spirits while sober may be a reflection of the spirit's desperation to talk to/with someone
    hey, the spirits are lonesome

edit: Ditlihi, do the spirits talk to you? (Please do not post a video - spirits at work)
    sdcfia: interesting to me as well; should I start a thread "Priming the Pump to Communicate with Spirits" ?? (tuning the mic ?)
    and someone will post about Jack Daniels vs Capt Morgan

Good late morning!

Do I communicate with spirits? No. I intuit things based on prior knowledge I have accumulated. Am I a 'Sensitive'? Possibly. But not in the woo-woo way. I simply open myself to that Intuition and trust it, having learned through trial and error. I tend to not repress, overthink every angle. I free associate. I believe in using my intuition alongside my intellect. They are really both the same thing after all, it's just a matter of your level of trust in your own decisions. Do I make mistakes? Of course I do, but I learn from them and move on. In my opinion that's called growth. I'm not 'all-knowing' and don't aspire to be. I'm having too damned much fun learning.

Yep, this is a peculiar thread, and I love it. It's a rolling, free associative conversation between friends and misfits, who are not hampered by thin skin and thoughts in a box. Is it uncomfortable for some? Probably. Does it foster innovation and invention? Absolutely. So what? I am fully aware of human nature's tendency to interpret statements and comments according to their own paradigm. I'm fine with that, just don't expect me to coddle your opinion if it differs from mine. I'll consider it....even emulate it. To a point. But if it becomes apparent that we are never going to find a common ground of agreement, I'll allow you yours and move on. No harm done.

As an Indigenous person myself, and having grown up on 'the reservation', I have a working knowledge of Shamanism; and after living and working in such far flug places as Honduras, Guatemala, the Middle East, in my capacity as a geologist, I am familiar with those drug induced visions (in others, I chose not to partake). I'll accept that some of the free association you've seen here on this thread may appear like the musings of a mind on a bowl full of Ayahuasca, lol. But I can assure you they are not. Lol.

Does my thread belong here? Is it only a "Spiritual Quest Discussion"? That's for you to form your own opinion. In my opening post I stated the purpose of my post....

" Who created these colossal stone Guardians, and why? What story do they tell? Is there a special significance to certain areas in these mountains, or to the mountains themselves? Do great Treasures lie buried beneath our feet as we tread silently above in awe at their magnificence? Or has Nature's Architect played a supreme joke on us, as improbable as it seems after witnessing such miraculous oddities?

These questions and more will be the basis of my journey over the next few weeks as I travel the Desert Southwest in search of Truth and Treasure. "

So, does it belong in Signs/Symbols, or elsewhere?

Ya'll decide, I'll abide. It makes me no difference. I don't have control issues.

P.S. Bill the Skeptic, start that thread, I think it would be awesome.

P.S.S. Do spirits use video, Bill? Please advise.

Her Hineyness
    Last edited by Ditlihi; May 15, 2019 at 12:36 PM.

Aug 2016
    3900 times
    Quote Originally Posted by on the hunt View Post
    This is a great thread guys I just wanted to throw my two cents in on a lot of the so called carvings that we see that are all over the world. I would like for you guys to do a quick google search on MUD FOSSIL UNIVERSITY and I think you will find this very interesting. I think the ancient cultures of the world just used what was already their in stone to mark the trails and to hide their stuff.

P.S: Have you ever wondered why it is called a GOLD VEIN?
    Quote Originally Posted by Backwoodsbob View Post
    That stone is the old lion. There is an young lion in there also. There are some numbers I've seen often. It's giving you the numbers 177, 357. And 385. The first two numbers are 3į off from north and south. 385 It's a measurement from the 357. You need to have pictures from three different times of day. The number 5 is grace and silver. Very nice place. This is what I see. I know most don't see what I do. When looking at number you have to look at them good. This book can help you with symbols.Attachment 1712707

Welcome OTH and Bob!

Some interesting thoughts, thanks for your input.

May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    587 times

Aug 2016
    3900 times

Aug 2016
    3900 times
    Quote Originally Posted by releventchair View Post
    An example (not arguing theology here) is , who hears of Jesus?

A deity known to a culture ,or introduced ; is spread through communication as ever.

Many spirits were known and common among groups.
    A guardian (as another example) painted on a high wall would not be the secret of a shaman when inquired about by others, would it?
    Not all were on a vision quest or taking leave of their senses regarding spirits.
    To some cultures ,everything had/has a spirit. Regarding everyone and everything. Stone cold sober or loaded.

This is an Excellent observation, RC, and precisely what I was referring to when I said my general impression was one of adapting a foreign place to resemble one more familiar.

More please!

it
    Sep 2016
    Mexico
    6578 times
    Where are the belly dancers
    Ditlihi, Maverick1, mdog and 3 others like this.

us
    May 2013
    Phx AZ
    1820 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Real of Tayopa View Post
    BACK by popular Request………….

Dedicated to DON JOSE…………..
    From,
    (just) Jose

us
    May 2013
    Phx AZ
    1820 times
    And for ‘other’ tastes…..

……………Or Pirates……….

Aug 2016
    3900 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Real of Tayopa View Post

I'm still waiting for Markmar to post his treasure story from the Tres Hermanas area.

I figured we could have a dance off between the Persian Belly Dancers and the Greek Tsifteteli.
    Maverick1, markmar, mdog and 2 others like this.

us
    May 2013
    Phx AZ
    1820 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick1 View Post
    BACK by popular Request………….

Dedicated to DON JOSE…………..
    From,
    (just) Jose

.....and because Misery loves company

Aug 2016
    3900 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick1 View Post
    And for ‘other’ tastes…..

……………Or Pirates……….

LMAO!!!

us
    May 2013
    Phx AZ
    1820 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditlihi View Post
    I'm still waiting for Markmar to post his treasure story from the Tres Hermanas area.

I figured we could have a dance off between the Persian Belly Dancers and the Greek Tsifteteli.

Just an Intermezzo......while waiting.............

Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    17376 times
    This is an Excellent observation, RC, and precisely what I was referring to when I said my general impression was one of adapting a foreign place to resemble one more familiar.

More please!

Foreign....

Long an avid reader I usually am off and rolling after a couple pages right along as the author intended. In English and with lifeways I'm familier with.

Foreign though....
    The is a book around here titled(?) Lakota Belief And Ritual.
    Trying to understand/translate/ comprehend two pages of some one describing something is a mammoth undertaking.

Layer upon layer over one condition.
    Because any condition can be affected by other conditions. And a human is multiple possibilities as far as the result ,based on that individual and what they possess (possess in terms of their beings ,in tangibles, in experience and more ect. (!) It's not really a "power" thing or struggle. More a compatibility or not in strengths , or existing gifts ranking.

Words from the language change with slight spelling (probably inflection to?) to a similar but different reason , but depending on the subject (human or spirit ,or what passes between them ,based on multiple variables..) a word can have another meaning.

Very convoluted if not understood. (And I understand very little.)

Transferred to a painting (of scattered numbers and letters and half of them affecting/effecting the other half depending on what they are affected by) for example , the only hope would be interpretation from some one familiar with it ,or it's creator.

Fortunately the author gives mostly literal accounting from those interviewed. Amazing as the difficulty is in understanding a kaleidoscope becomes of what you(a reader) would have be a simple explanation , nothing is really cut and dried or a given when humans and spirits are involved.

And then there are spirits , and there are spirits.
    A car can have a spirit. It can also be affected by what spirit it has when exposed to other spirits. Or it may not. Depending on the cars spirit , and what spirit it encounters and if they are familiar or biased on either side.
    For the rare spirit causing trouble or conflict with the car ,(it's spirit ,or it contesting a spirit or either contesting the auto's owner) either the spirit goes through/forward , or it fights the conflict ,or it seeks intervention.
    But can that intervention assist the opposition? Oh boy!

So I know little of many cultures. Have been exposed to a few. Even involved in some.
    But do know that what a society's people accept as belief ,it does not matter what I think of it.
    But is useful to not breach etiquette.
    A culture believes touching some one on the head is an insult , it matters.
    Another is the same way about feet ,it is important.
    A picture/painting of some one being touched anywhere could mean nothing to a stranger. And everything to the artist ,or a member of the artist's clan ,or nation...

How the heck to interpret monuments or glyphs or anything else Foreign is fraught with miscommunication and speculation and worse if without certain context inherent in the origins ; yet sometimes lost through time or error.
    That should never stop onlookers from seeking meaning. But the true literal may escape. Devaluing the experience nothing though ,if the perspective is kept youthful.

We know who painted the Mona Lisa. That's a big deal in trying to interpret her.
    But why is she smiling? She is smiling...Right?

Last edited by releventchair; May 15, 2019 at 05:20 PM.
    Ditlihi, mdog, Maverick1 and 3 others like this.

Aug 2016
    3900 times
    Quote Originally Posted by releventchair View Post
    Foreign....

Long an avid reader I usually am off and rolling after a couple pages right along as the author intended. In English and with lifeways I'm familier with.

Foreign though....
    The is a book around here titled(?) Lakota Belief And Ritual.
    Trying to understand/translate/ comprehend two pages of some one describing something is a mammoth undertaking.

Layer upon layer over one condition.
    Because any condition can be affected by other conditions. Ans a human is multiple possibilities as far as the result ,based on that individual and what they possess (posess in their beings ,in tangibles, in experience and more ect. (!)

Words from the language change with slight spelling (probably inflection to?) to a similar but different reason , but depending on the subject (human or spirit ,or what passes between them ,based on multiple variables..) a word can have another meaning.

Very convoluted if not understood.
    Transferred to a painting (of scattered numbers and letters and half of them affecting/effecting the other half depending on what they are affected by) for example , the only hope would be interpretation from some one familiar with it ,or it's creator.

Fortunately the author gives mostly literal accounting from those interviewed. Amazing as the difficulty is in understanding a kaleidoscope becomes of what you(a reader) would have be a simple explanation , nothing is really cut and dried or a given when humans and spirits are involved.
    And then there are spirits , and there are spirits.
    A car can have a spirit. It can also be affected by what spirit it has when exposed to other spirits. Or it may not. Depending on the cars spirit , and what spirit it encounters and if they are familiar or biased on either side.
    For the rare spirit causing trouble or conflict with the car ,(it's spirit ,or it contesting a spirit or either contesting the auto's owner) either the spirit goes through/fiorward , or it fights the conflict ,or it seeks intervention.
    But can that intervention assist the opposition? Oh boy!

So I know little of many cultures.
    But do know that what a society's people accept as belief ,it does not matter what I think of it.
    But is useful to not breach etiquette.

A culture believes touching some one on the head is an insult , it matters.
    Another is the same way about feet ,it is important.

A picture/painting of some one being touched anywhere could mean nothing to a stranger. And everything to the artist ,or a member of the artist's clan ,or nation...

How the heck to interpret monuments or glyphs or anything else Foreign is fraught with miscommunication and speculation and worse if without certain context inherent in the origins ; yet sometimes lost through time or error.
    That should never stop onlookers from seeking meaning. But the true literal may escape. Devaluing the experience nothing though ,if the perspective is kept youthful.

We know who painted the Mona Lisa. That's a big deal in trying to interpret her.
    But why is she smiling? She is smiling...Right?

Absolutely spot on, my friend.

And yes, she IS smiling.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JudyH.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	1712769
    BillA, releventchair, mdog and 4 others like this.

us
    Mar 2011
    3836 times
    Absolutely spot on, my friend.

And yes, she IS smiling.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JudyH.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	1712769
    I...I...Iíve never looked at her in that way, before.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links