• PecanTree019.jpg
    PecanTree019.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,392

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
Sure looks like it to me. Look for a tree stump or two in the distance and double box detect around the one stump with a rock nearest to it.

pspope

Tenderfoot
Jan 23, 2005
Photos #2 & #3 are strange, are they a turtle without legs? Does that mean the treasure is there? Photos #1,#4 & #5 appear to be a snake and a cross, does the cross mean it was a church treasure ? Does the snake mean to go to the next sign ?

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
The symbol of the legless turtle is often associated with what is really the headless body of a predatory bird ( hawk, eagle, falcon etc.) but in Masonic legend it's root is based on the image of the fearless pirate ship captain with a parrot on his shoulder. It is headless because it is telling you to "take a heading and cut across from here to there for booty at a swords depth." The bird roosts on a tree stump in the distance. A rock next to it is similar in shape to the missing parrots head and is where to take your doublebox detector for sure. Twisted

stryker-one

Aug 10, 2007
Independence, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Scorpion Gold Stinger and Tesoro Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you been to Castiac Junction on I5-- there is a tree carving there in the Museum and it says "killed by an X Bear"--some early mountain man was found and buried at that spot--1830s or so. Carving was backward because the tree had healed.

How old would you markings be?

That Cross could it also be a burial marker?

Just an Idea.

dakotatr

Oct 18, 2007
concerning the tree markings, these are on my 4gggggrandfathers land, he settled here shortly after the Civil War. There are numerous marked trees on this property. I believe he was a Sentinel for the KGC.. dakota

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
Cut A-cross over a shoulder (rounded high point) as the crow flies, to find the stump. Honest.......

dakotatr

Oct 18, 2007
Please explain, I do not understand as the saying goes, reply in blonde please, I am new to this but find it very interesting.

pspope

Tenderfoot
Jan 23, 2005
Twisted , is your interpretation of what the markings mean written in KGC Code?    What do you mean by "Cut A-cross over a shoulder( rounded high point) as the crow flies"? Do you mean if you are looking at the bird carving, you would go backward or forward to a hill?  And then what would you do when you came to the rounded high point?  Look for a stump with a rock?  How far away from the marked tree would you look?  Tenderfoot

les

Jan 24, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites Tr 66 Goldmaster,,Whites Tr Coinmaster 4,,Fisher 220x,,, WHITES 6000 DI SERIES 3,,WHITES 6000 DI series 2,,,Whites 6000d,,,whites Sl PRO,,, Whites XLT,, Whites dfx,, Quickdraw2,coinmaster 4900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys: Pic number two & three,to me look like where a limb has broken off the tree & in time has rotted back into the tree, look at it closely to see for sure,,,,I think it's a natural limb break. the cross/sword? is interesting/possibilities there,, I would like to see from the Cross to the base of that tree, it appears at the bottom of the pic that there may be another carving/sign etc. Just my opinion. wish you luck<G>.

Les

dakotatr

Oct 18, 2007
thanks for all your help, however, Les, I have gone back and studied the tree, cross, etc. and this is not a broken limb as you thought. We do have some trees as you said, but, this is not one of them..Will keep on studying, We did find another tree farther on that has similar markings as the bird? so will check further on from there....take care.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread