turtle carving

kydave

Oct 7, 2006
Just found a picture of a carved turtle i thought i might go check. The head is pointing generally east-southeast and on the same rock slab are four three toed bird tracks in a straight line heading east. then a group of two, one pointing north and the other southeast, then an isolated track going southeast. Also a couple of unreadable initials. The above is at a rockshelter which has a couple of concentric circles carved on a stone that faces the shelter. Anybody think all this means "treasure"? If so how far away in which direction would be a good place to search? Or maybe just trail markers or something?

cavers5

Feb 16, 2005
Howdy,

I may have some info on this site, give me a few days to check my own records. If you decide that you wouldn't mind letting others see the site, then I would like to visit. I'm not far from Lee Co.

Thanks,
Cavers5

OP
OP
K

kydave

Oct 7, 2006
Yeah what caught my eye was the turtle that the guy who took the pic described as just rock art probably done by Indians. Of all the sites in Ky. this is the only one that i've seen a turtle in. I haven't learned to post pics yet but i'll give you the location if i think i won't be able to make the trip this winter. Seems theres several other sites in Lee County but none that possibly could point to treasure like this one.

Clueman

Oct 15, 2004
The turtle, and turkey tracks may be wonderful news for your future finances.

Are the bent trail trees in the area?
Clueman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread