• but you know sometimes words have two meanings

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
This might sound just a little off the wall to some, but it really does earn some merit with a generation ago. If I remember right the Peraltas were more or less wiped out by the Apache in a canyon near present day Goldfield, Arizona. (1865?) Zooming ahead in time, we have a legend about a lost gold mine in the desert and not just any gold mine, but the richest in the world and known worldwide. Years ago, a group of boys from Europe produce a song destined to outsell and become the most requested over the radio, and stay on the charts the longest; Stairway to Heaven. It is said that the vocalist wrote out the lyrics one night as though it were automatic writing. Most folks have heard of the song and have probably heard it more than a dozen times at least. In the years to follow, film was produced around it and in the U.S. deserts. In the cult followings so associated, Robert Plant has had a vision about the last days and only time will reveal it's meaning. What stood out in my view about the Stairway song was of course the Gold, the writing on the wall with two meanings, and the vocalist Robert Plant's phrases like: "In my thoughts I have seen rings of smoke through the trees and the voices of those who stand looking".. Peralta Massacre? Well, whata ya think about this one. A worthy thread? Any clues hiding in there?

Twisted

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stairway_to_Heaven

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
"In my thoughts I have seen rings of smoke through the trees and the voices of those who stand looking"..

Plant was a devotee of Aleister Crowley, the infamous black magician and occultist, and most observers assume lyrics such as these were a result of that influence. Haven't seen the movie.

OP
OP
Twisted Fork

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
I remember that now and can see some of the influence you refer to. The movie is called "The Song Remains the Same" Some video like "Big Log" followed years later. Truly a mysterious group of characters.

Aufinder01

Jan 13, 2006
Hmmm, the Peralta massacre site is near Government Wells on the Southwest side of the Supers.

Peralta Canyon has some features which seem to me to be overlooked by those who only search for the Dutchmans and don't consider that there were 3 Peralta brothers who tried to settle the area. There are signs and markers to be spotted but the "treasure" remains unfound. How many mines would you think would be around?
On Manuel Peraltas' claim he had 4. He also had over 150 other people with him who also had claims of land making for a lot of holes to be tripped over by everyone looking for the same thing over and over again.

Aufinder01

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This might sound just a little off the wall to some, but it really does earn some merit with a generation ago. If I remember right the Peraltas were more or less wiped out by the Apache in a canyon near present day Goldfield, Arizona. (1865?) Zooming ahead in time, we have a legend about a lost gold mine in the desert and not just any gold mine, but the richest in the world and known worldwide. Years ago, a group of boys from Europe produce a song destined to outsell and become the most requested over the radio, and stay on the charts the longest; Stairway to Heaven. It is said that the vocalist wrote out the lyrics one night as though it were automatic writing. Most folks have heard of the song and have probably heard it more than a dozen times at least. In the years to follow, film was produced around it and in the U.S. deserts. In the cult followings so associated, Robert Plant has had a vision about the last days and only time will reveal it's meaning. What stood out in my view about the Stairway song was of course the Gold, the writing on the wall with two meanings, and the vocalist Robert Plant's phrases like: "In my thoughts I have seen rings of smoke through the trees and the voices of those who stand looking".. Peralta Massacre? Well, whata ya think about this one. A worthy thread? Any clues hiding in there?

Twisted

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stairway_to_Heaven

I was exploring in the Gila National forest in New Mexico this last weekend and came across a marker for a massacre of Peralta's by Indian's near the town of Reserve New Mexico.

Could this be the site of another Peralta Massacre or just a
coincidence?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread