Making entry?

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
Hello Peoples!!!

Does anyone know if the Spanish, would dig two entrances to a tunnel or room within 10 to 15 ft. of each other? The first having being the "easiest" to find but having the death trap. And maybe the second, having manmade overburden, with 3'' owlheads and duckheads looking into it. I will have pics as soon as I bnorrow good camera. Thanks to all!!! TD

OP
OP
tesoro dog

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
Why, is it never easy??? I would not have thought of that!! At least they would find my body on the outside one! HA,HA. Thank you OLD DOG, with that kind of thinking maybe I will someday be lucky enough to become an old dog. What about 200 year old air in there, I don't think a can of air freshner will work in there.hehehe oh! oh! I been reading to many Real De Tayopa posts. Thanks again, OD Tony

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Tony,
Seriously, Those over burden traps are treacherous.
Just about the time you think you have it clear enough to pull the stones away from the entrance the top of the mountain slides down on you.

The inside traps are sometimes easier to block.
Find an airshaft as an extra entrance, the pozo can be a life saver.

Thom
OD

OP
OP
tesoro dog

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
OD, How you be?

I have bunch of Questions, but I have to post pics to show situation, maybe tommorrow I hope. Hopefully you can comment. Until then, PEACE BE with YOU!! TD

MR----B

Nov 28, 2007
Trego, Montana, all over nevada and Arizona
Detector(s) used
F-4, X-70, Delta 4000
There should be symbols either on the cave entrance or just inside. look for something that looks like a lightning bolt or a heart that is split down the middle. It there is a symbol on the outside of the entrance, then the trap will be at the entrance. It would be a good idea to clear away 2-3 feet on either side of the entrance, then you can get a better understanding of how the trap was built. Good luck, and remember, if it's easy, it's a trap.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Agreed,
But they will also distract your attention by putting obstacles in your way to distract you as well as trigger a trapwhile working on the away side from it.

Best to understand the trap FIRST.
then devise measures to counter it.

after which you can seek the treasure carefully,
there are instances where a trap was set every few yards.
The most I have ever heard of was three, but there are stories of as many as five traps.
Just be aware and safe.

Thom
OD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions