Basic signs and symbols you have found

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
OT, but of interest

BOISE – Two Lewiston men have been sentenced for defacing ancient Native American pictographs at a shelter near Hell’s Gate State Park.

U.S. District Judge Edward Lodge sentenced Michael Bernal, 21, and Tyler Carlson, 23, on Wednesday for their roles in spray-painting a rock wall at the Red Elk Rock Shelter last February. The shelter’s red-pigmented tribal drawings are believed to be 2,500 years old and in a region traditionally occupied by ancestors of the Nez Perce tribe.

Bernal and Carlson were convicted of willful injury or depredation of federal property.

The pair and a third defendant, Jerad Bovencamp, hiked to the shelter and used cans of spray paint to deface rock art drawings depicting animal figures and geometric shapes.

Bernal was sentenced to 36 months in prison, while Carlson will serve four months in prison. They were each ordered to pay more than $33,000 in restitution to cover damages.

Bovencamp, 24, of Lewiston, was convicted of similar charges and is scheduled to be sentenced in June.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn. Having both arms broken should be part of their sentences. Two bit punks
like that should be hurt so the memory won't be something they'll be bragging
about at their next "frat-boy" parties, during the beer bong contests. >:( >:(

Enver Sulollari

Jul 29, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
can you help me about the death trap signs? Which one are those and how can you avoid them?

Thank you!

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
"So shadows indicating or pointing toward some supposed secret treasure stash, derived from the solstice is total bunk. And every thinking treasure hunter should know this."

you are talking about hollywood type shadows signs pointing to a stash...so the bunk is movie bunk not real solution to a shadow sign,.

Most shadow signs are just one of 7-9 elements of a monument, and each of the elements have to be
decoded to get the Distance and Direction that will lead to the next sign, nothing more.

But thanks anyway for de-bunking Hollywood, which it needs regularly...

And just so you know, there are NO dig here signs in the usuall sense,.the dig here moment comes at the end of the calculations post omega monument...and usually confirmed by a redudant sign, it was the law according to the King that a dig here sign was forbidden by the Pain of Spain.
[pain of spain, is explained by, death to maker and death to the whole of your family to the extent
that they could be found]
So there are NO dig here signs period..that is the function of the Omega, the calculations, the confrimation rock ect..
oro mandate
rangler

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
Enver Sulollari said:
Hi,
can you help me about the death trap signs? Which one are those and how can you avoid them?

Thank you!

E S

I would suggest you get a copy of "Death Traps To Treasure" by Charles A. Kenworthy. Read it. Compare what he says to what you see in your area.
If you find a similar sign and decide to dig or clean out the spot anyway, and you reach something that looks like my next photo, stop immediately and get the heck out of there. Hope this helps you or someone else.

Oddrock

Attachments

• june2010 075 (640x480).jpg
    june2010 075 (640x480).jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 753

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oddrock:
That's a really good example. I'd sure like to know how they would manuver such a large "kill" stone
to be triggered by such a small rock. And they did that kind of thing over and over. They must have
had some interesting tools.

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
playgirl,
to answer your question the snake is a pointer but like Old Dog stated
sometimes it is a reverse pointer,
Also on the top right of the pic you posted is a shadow heart, with two
notches and a number seven right at the top..so follow the snake guided
by one of the directions that the 7 points, if you get a match this will
be your confirmation.[either top part of the 7 or the long part
oro sis oro
rangler

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
In all of my listings a snakeis a danger sign.
In my experience it works out to be a caution sign at least.
Using Spanish inches measure the snake from head to tail tip, that will be a vera measurement to use for the distance to the supposed trouble.
always work the first snake in a trail both ways to determine the direction. (the head usually points unless the word RIO is near it or the letter "R")

ODD ROCK !
thanks for the new death trap!
It's beautiful example of a dead-fall.
New death traps are good to see ...
Thanks again.

Always err on the side of caution guys.
make sure you understand how it works and steer clear if you aren't sure.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Snake

The snake is an ancient and universal symbol for knowledge. Of course, knowledge can be dangerous, but if you want to apply it to 'treasure hunting', then take it as good news.

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
Good Call Rocky,
great photo as well, was there anything around this trap that enticed you closer?

Old Dog thanks for the greater insight on the Snake, in my explorations it was seen
as a living arrow pointer, in one case the danger was the omega monument itself
that had a hidden death trap that could not be seen until the digging exposed it..
never seen two people jump out of a hole that deep that fast~! :read2:

adventurer007

May 17, 2011
Rangler your inbox is full delete some msgs so I can send you a reply. You had my email wrong it''s theadventurer007 not adventure007. I know where a giant snake monument is located it is 100 yards long. I've sent you a number of emails to the address you gave me, no reply did you receive them?? FS

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
rangler said:
Good Call Rocky,
great photo as well, was there anything around this trap that enticed you closer?

Old Dog thanks for the greater insight on the Snake, in my explorations it was seen
as a living arrow pointer, in one case the danger was the omega monument itself
that had a hidden death trap that could not be seen until the digging exposed it..
never seen two people jump out of a hole that deep that fast~! :read2:

Rangler

Glad you liked the photo. Yes, I was enticed to the point and could not help myself. But remained wary and became focused on cleaning out the area with out being mashed.
Left it intact to show... ... that I was obliviously not mashed. :laughing9:
The rock above the small trigger rock may be viewed as a head looking downward ....and yes, other signs led me here.

Oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
SS, OD, DM,

Glad you liked the trap pic. Glad you are not rooting for me to get compacted. :icon_thumright:

Oddrock

mine/dless ki

Mar 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Greetings Old Dog. TertiaryJim finnaly nagged me enough that I just had to charter up.Every month the same thing"hey Mike when are you going to sign up" Every month.Thats 12 times a year. A body can only take so much. Since the subject of snakes is on the board here is my second favorite. It is about 1 foot high and 10 feet long.

Attachments

• IMG_0060.jpgtnet.jpg
    IMG_0060.jpgtnet.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 486

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oddrock said:
SS, OD, DM,

Glad you liked the trap pic. Glad you are not rooting for me to get compacted. :icon_thumright:

Oddrock

I would NEVER do such a thing. :coffee2: But, I would root for someone tripping that thing (safely)
to see if it is hiding anything. What the heck? ;D

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
mine/dless ki said:
Greetings Old Dog. TertiaryJim finnaly nagged me enough that I just had to charter up.Every month the same thing"hey Mike when are you going to sign up" Every month.Thats 12 times a year. A body can only take so much. Since the subject of snakes is on the board here is my second favorite. It is about 1 foot high and 10 feet long.

Pleased to meet you Mike,
and yes I will add my opinion... It is about time.
Welcome to the discussion. Seeing how you are Jim's Brother, I will note you have a footing that most would envy.
I hope you enjoy your foray into the things Spanish, and everything else.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum, mine / dless ki, :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread