Basic signs and symbols you have found

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, they are symbols. They most likely mean changes in direction. Look for more signs. Once you find more signs, look for more. Until you have seen dozens and are confused. Then make a map and figure it out. Feel free to post pictures. Most advice will be no use to you...including this. maybe. Welcome to the game.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Good advice userrnotfound, its really fun to figure things out, but not much profit in it, kinda like golf / fishing / or anything else done for fun.

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, been out on the trail again for a few months....Most marks and signs I am becoming familiar with and being able to follow, this on however leaves me blank...Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated...Thanks in advance,
bonuntr
View attachment 701216

Can't see much on the phone, but I can still help... maybe. If it is a Monument it is supposed to be viewed from a specific angle, distance, and time of day. With multiple possiblities. You might receive vague or general information from a distance and detail from a close range. It might very well use the landscape or other monuments to convey a message or confirm one. Say you view the monument late in the day and it is supposed to be viewed at noon...you might miss the picture/information. You might hold one key to unlock a code, but without all the keys... you are left out. Ie hearts are associated with treasure, but digging or removing objects next to a heart might be dangerous if you miss part of the code.

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, been out on the trail again for a few months....Most marks and signs I am becoming familiar with and being able to follow, this on however leaves me blank...Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated...Thanks in advance,
bonuntr
View attachment 701216
There is a large hand holding or digging something up, a title misding its body, a bear, a puddle, and some rodent looking thing, large profile, an a small letter a. I can see it was not the proper time of day looks like an intersection and might have info 360 around.d this formation. As you pass around you get more info ie... welcome to Arizona...rest stop 2 miles.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, with all of the angles and recesses this rock has, it could be a veritable shadow sign generator. New stuff at differing times of the day. Right now there's a black fish with an "A" at it's nose that is pointing up to the profile I circled in yellow. Back in that tucked in area, there's a black, 4 legged animal with a sign showing at the mid point of it's back. Over all it seems to be a poodle head. Didn't the Spanish rule book say that all faces point to home? Maybe that small profile leads to a side trail back to the good place?? :icon_scratch:

Attachments

• whiteledgelincolnco.nevada - Copy-bounthr.JPG
    whiteledgelincolnco.nevada - Copy-bounthr.JPG
    210.1 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cannot figure out what this one is. It faces south in a meadow. Many ideas but want to here someone elses..thanks

View attachment 690887 View attachment 690888 View attachment 690889

I have no knowledge of this particular sign, but I do have some common sense and guesses.

It's large so it's meant to catch your attention from a distance.

It has been shaped to point. It is flat and angled as to catch sun. I would view it from that direction/area. Looks like you are close and to the side of it, it might be that at this point you missed what is was trying to tell you from its view angle.

I wish you the best. Carry water and have fun.

billythekidder

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LC,

A bird sign is a change of direction
always associated with other signs to give direction and distance.

old dog I have a duck but if you change directions you will miss the other signs and the phoenix. Stuff like this is why we need your insight..

Last edited:

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
old dog I have a duck but if you change directions you will miss the other signs and the phoenix. Stuff like this is why we need your insight..
I have also had ducks at my location. Pulled out a topo map of the surrounding area...found 3 duckheads. Bingo, I was right back on track....Steve

warbike39

Nov 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to live in the four corners of New Mexico. I wasn't from the area but enjoyed looking for old pottery shards and arrowheads. I ventured down a canyon that was huge it went for many many miles and decided to just start at the closest side canyon and start hiking. The place was so massive that after a year of going every other weekend I barely made it several miles down the canyon. I did find tons of Anasazi and Native American pottery, arrowheads and tools. The thing that really amazed me were the Petroglyphs I found up some of these side canyons. There was one with a Buffalo or Bison at least 8 feet tall....there was also names scratched and etched on these walls from the mid to late 1800's....not once did I find even a soda can because the locals just didn't seem to be interested in hiking this empty canyon......but the thing that kept popping up on canyon walls sometimes near these petroglyphs were deep carvings that years later I found out were Large Spanish Crosses! about 60 miles to the north west lies the small town of Cortez Colorado.....The canyon runs north to south and would have been the exact route that he took when he travelled through this area so many years ago.
Dave

OregonGold76

Oct 9, 2012
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave, did you ever look into it deeper?

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
I hope you don't , my friend . Your wisdom is still needed here for the real people .
Jim

Have become cynacle I guess.
As the years pass and i see friends and a lot of family die.
My own youngest brother secumed to Cancer last Sunday, so yes I have grown cynical and yet ... hopeful.
my own tests have turned up nothing of consequence or out of the ordinary. (for the first time in YEARS,i am cancer free)

Thanks Jim,
Will stop here from time to time and see what can do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread