The Eye

P

peasweet

Hey,
I'm back on the trail after surgery! Went out to the site of the bent oak (re: KGC) today and there is so much poison ivy and a few snakes that I have to be careful. In front of the bent oak (about 40 feet) are several trees, very old oaks about 200 + years old. I'm posting a picture of one I made with what looks like on eye??? I went back at at 1:00 to see what the sun did and the light spot in the middle appeared. The oak is smooth and disease free. There were also these marks at the same level as the eye. These are the only other marks on this tree except for the eye. Also, in front of the "eye oak" is a dogwood tree. How can you tell how old those are? Anyway, the dogwood tree is separated by a rock. I'll put that picture on too. Any ideas about the eye? is this natural or man made? Either way it looks great! Oh, the eye is about 3' wide, and about 12' off of the ground.
Thanks
Peasweet

Attachments

• eye2.jpg
    eye2.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 774
  • rocktree.jpg
    rocktree.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 783
  • treemarks.jpg
    treemarks.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 784

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
Peasweet! The eye if found to be man made? May point out LINE. You stand in front of tree looking at eye! What is the heading? The turn 180 degree's and cheak degree again. = What the degree line means at this point??? ----------And what I take the Star to mean is North! Man = Steps, One step = 3 yards, The X = 10. And that would be 30 yards North of tree. Whats there? Probe for marked stone, Ect.-------------- This may or mayn't be correct but I think worth a try. Good luck.

OP
OP
P

peasweet

Thanks Monk,

I'll check this out after the storms around here clear up enough to get out! I'll let you know what I find out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread