Treasure Marks/Signs - Diagnosed Here

treasurechest

Mar 27, 2011
Hemet, California
Detector(s) used
I don't own one YET.
Hi everyone.

I've been here, I just haven't posted. You know, just basically lurking in the shadows. I've been reading all kinds of topics on this site, and trying to find out if anyone ever came through this part of town. So far, I've learned

Tons of people passed through here from Yuma AZ to get to Los Angeles CA. So, there may be something for me to find out there. I still haven't got any rattlesnake proof boots (I just got fired on monday, so it will be a while, now)

I also learned that my dad has a metal detector. He's had it for seven years, and I've never seen him use it. I'm gonna try to borrow it and see what I can find at an abandoned park by my house.

I hope more people post pictures. I sure enjoy learning about this stuff.

Ranlger, did you see my owl hoyo in post 374? do you think that's real?

OP
OP
rangler

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
TC,
your owl hoyo is the real one, as I stated earlier, the rock incorporated one not so much...as there are no confirming signs I can find in the pic...mostly the dreaded graffiti...
so be careful - you can be lead astray by that stuff.
rangler
ps take a look at the owl hoyo on the lower part a very small item , looks like a tiny eagles head..telling you to go south, if the hoyo pic, you are facing north, go around the back side and look thru the hoyo to see the next sign...photo that and take care to look carefully at that rock or boulder...it will be the clue to the next sign.
rangler

ps right now you need to per sue the trail to make sure it is decipherable

air.png

DSCN0208 tc\'s owl hoyo marker rangler2.jpg

treasurechest

Mar 27, 2011
Hemet, California
Detector(s) used
I don't own one YET.
ok guys here's a few things I found on the owl hoyo rock that day I took the pictures. Are these confirmation marks? I've got a ton of pictures from this place from the first time I went out. I can post all kinds of stuff.

Attachments

• DSCN02101.JPG
    DSCN02101.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 1,146
  • DSCN02121.JPG
    DSCN02121.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,147
  • DSCN02151.JPG
    DSCN02151.JPG
    212.4 KB · Views: 1,089
  • DSCN02131.JPG
    DSCN02131.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 1,111
OP
OP
rangler

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
TC,
I see what interested you on those rocks with the hoyo, but your pics are too close. stand back first and capture the full on shot of the rock pile, or monument, so we can have the perspective and context. Then the close ups of the marks or signs can be decoded..some of his look natural which can mean rock incorporation , one for sure looks chiseled...so back up a bit, read my post on how to photo a monument, have your back to the sun, facing north and the outcropping or boulder pile,between 11am-1pm, ect
thanks for posting your pics so far, better pics will give us all a better change to tell you what is going on.....
rangler

OP
OP
rangler

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
Sheldon
Nice omega monument here;... no hoyo at this angle but enough classic signs
I remember marking this one a few years back, it makes more sense to me now..
I first thought this was an alpha, but the signs told the real story, omega, pointing furiously towards the goods....
rangler
P9290018_edited camo jaguar rangler marked.jpg
note the mushroom for the jaguars right eye...the letter 'M' over his right eye,
a shadow number '7' lower left..impressive execution...lot of data squeezed into this
monument...
rangler

jp28

Jun 16, 2011
Hello everyone,

I am glad that I did found this forum so you guys can help me with those signs
I found.
There is 3 different crosses and a plan that I make to show you the disposition of the crosses.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Croix n°2 avec empreinte pied droit.jpg
    Croix n°2 avec empreinte pied droit.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 1,266
  • Croix n°3.JPG
    Croix n°3.JPG
    313.8 KB · Views: 1,040
  • Plan.jpg
    Plan.jpg
    666.7 KB · Views: 1,164
  • Croix n°1 avec cercle.jpg
    Croix n°1 avec cercle.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 1,251

treasurechest

Mar 27, 2011
Hemet, California
Detector(s) used
I don't own one YET.
I was overlooking pics from the site where I found the owl hoyo. Is this a frog by chance?

Attachments

• DSCN01841111111111111111111.JPG
    DSCN01841111111111111111111.JPG
    248.8 KB · Views: 1,000

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see what you are seeing, It does resemble a frog, but it could be something else.

I have a frog at one of my sites. If it is a frog what does it mean?

The earth in front of your frog is disturbed, likely ants.

What is that shiny object showing between rocks on lower area.

Attachments

• Frog by bird 2010 279.jpg
    Frog by bird 2010 279.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 1,999
  • Frog by bird 2010 279.jpg
    Frog by bird 2010 279.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 1,150

treasurechest

Mar 27, 2011
Hemet, California
Detector(s) used
I don't own one YET.
I think a frog means that there's water somewhere nearby, and to follow in the direction it points. I'm not absolutely sure about that though. Can you circle the shiny thing you were talking about? I don't see it.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
I have found over the years that animal monuments on a monumented trail,
are there to tell the sign reader that the trail was a good trail for animals, good for pack and riding,
They indicate a trail that is a bit more gentle and maybe longer than a trail designed to travel on foot.
water is marked by a small group of specialized signs all easy to find and make.
I have only seen two animals used to indicate water... a turtle (once) and a fish many times.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
On trails that are monumented with animals the signs may not show up at a regular "easy to read" height.
The sign makers rode horses as well and may have stayed aboard the horse while carving the signs.
look up .... the signs may be at eye level to a man on horseback.

treasurechest

Mar 27, 2011
Hemet, California
Detector(s) used
I don't own one YET.
I'm not sure what that is Palo, I haven't been to this site in a while. The rattlesnakes are pretty thick around here right now. I went hiking last week, and almost stepped on one. Good thing I moved quicker than it did. :laughing7: I probably will stay clear of here until fall, or until I at least get some snake proof shin guards or something.

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
Photo re con mission

Every time I visit this area I take photos and keep finding more ????? stuff, curiouser and curiouser, mystery's seem to abound here.

is this a big turtle head?
P5199259-1.jpg

What I call monkey cacti
P5199251.jpg

the heart
P5199238.jpg

do these point at something or are they just rocks?

P5199268.jpg

the sentinels
P5199234.jpg

I had climbed up for a closer look at the monkey cacti and laughed out loud when I saw "the face" hidden it can only be viewed from the monkey cacti position.
P5199292.jpg

So thoughts anyone??

OP
OP
rangler

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
tc,
here is your monument pic, properly marked...a great learning example...so I invite any and all questions as to the markings, if your a critic, then here is your chance to debunk my theories..if you can. other wise a perfect monument for all who have not followed along..with the progress we are making here...most critics are closet fisherman, here you dont have to pretend..take some time study the mark up...look at the janus, the alpha...the compass bearing boulder...if you dont see all the circled marks almost immediately, then study them well until they just pop out at you , it is a matter of focus, as these signs appear almost optical illusions..until the come into focus...I challenge all of you skeptics and critics and fishermen, to explore this monument and learn from it..this will be the only time I will teach each tiny piece of a monument..so if you seriously want to learn now is the time, this is the chance.

otherwise you have no right to complain or attack this knowledge express here on treasurechest site...thanks tc for posting your pic.
there is so much going on here!
rangler

1111111111111dog cat janus treasure chest photo, rangler marked advanced.jpg

here is the work that some wanted me to show...as I do with every monument I mark..

1.alpha boulder
2.pups
3. white dog head
4. large owl, rock incorporated
5.janus
6.whale head
7snake head
8 black dog
there is is friends and enemies all for your perusal...
laid out in the most simplistic form, easy for anyone to understand, if you do not understand any element, it is now or never..ask any serious competent question - I will be happy to explain it to all...
rangler
ps, i had no way on this site to find the confirmed compass bearings, other than the 142, so it could be the reverse is the correct heading.
there are 3 omegas associated with this alpha..
the first one on the correct 142 compass heading
the second at the end of the 120 degree line
the third one at the reverse azimuth of the 142 line
and if you look close at said line..you will see a very nice 120 obtuse triangle carved in solid
stone...this may be one of the few, where you can see an omega while standing at the alpha!
ok trackers have fun, this is an amazing site to learn from
rangler

treasurechest

Mar 27, 2011
Hemet, California
Detector(s) used
I don't own one YET.
I have a ton of questions Rangler.

Firstly, I want to apologize, because I didn't see your post asking me to mark up what I saw, before you had the chance.

You also marked North correctly on the right hand side of the screen. That quite literally amazed me, considering I haven't told anyone which way is north on this site. :notworthy: If it was more than a lucky guess, how did you do that?

Which one is the compass bearing boulder, and how do you tell? Is it the same on every site?

You stated there were 3 Omega monuments associated with this alpha.
"the first one on the correct 242 compass heading"

I haven't the slightest idea what you mean. Where all omegas on the 242 compass heading? Is there significance to this beyond which way the compass is pointing? I'd be happy to research it myself if you'd point me in the right direction of things I should read. * Note I just looked up azimuth angles, and how you draw lines from the points of interest. Do the angles correspond to compass angle readings?

I understand alpha is the beginning, and Omega is the end. I understand it is a janus, and that means it was probably just a trail marker and not a treasure marker. However, they wouldn't make an Omega if it wasn't a treasure trail though... right?

I've never seen a whale symbol used. What does a whale mean?

The pointer on the right hand side of the screen. I thought that was a pointer before you marked it. However, how do you know which way it is pointing? How do I check the confirmation marks for it?

Directly under the word "reverse" where you wrote "reverse azimuth" There appears to be a bird, or a duck. If that is in fact a duck, wouldn't the triangle (which I think you're implying is the omega) be a false trail, or a false omega? Wouldn't the duck have more instructions to set you on the right path? The duck looks like it's in a straight line from the Alpha to the triangle.

I'll have more questions soon, I know it hahahaha.

Now, I'm almost positive I figured out one of these trails (for the most part) . From this alpha, I can see the turtle, While walking to the turtle, I stumbled onto my owl hoyo. The hoyo looks at the turtle. I'll post a pic of the turtle, please forgive me for not standing far enough back to get the entire thing. The turtle is pointing over to something on this hill. I wasn't able to find any more signs when I walked that direction last time I was out there. So, I walked back on top of a hill where I could see the turtle and which way it was pointing. I think I need to check this jumble of rocks for some signs. I found it odd that there appeared to be a large fire ring directly above those rocks. I never went to check it, this is from the camera on zoom.

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• DSCN0208aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.JPG
    DSCN0208aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 884
  • DSCN0204aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.JPG
    DSCN0204aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 1,116
  • DSCN0217aaaaaaaaaaaa.JPG
    DSCN0217aaaaaaaaaaaa.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 888
  • DSCN0218aaaaaaaaaaaa.JPG
    DSCN0218aaaaaaaaaaaa.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 880

treasurechest

Mar 27, 2011
Hemet, California
Detector(s) used
I don't own one YET.
You know what? I think I followed part of the trail from north to south to take a picture of that. I thought it was a frog or something when I took a picture of it that day. I know i was north of there, I started at a rock I could see from the road that had a "P" or an "R" on it, and a horseshoe. I turned right (south) and was snapping pictures along the way when i bumped into my alpha. Hmmmm.

Here's the rock I started at.

Attachments

• DSCN0177aaaaaaaaaaaa.JPG
    DSCN0177aaaaaaaaaaaa.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 906

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread