Treasure Marks/Signs - Diagnosed Here

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went to this site today,that i thought was a cache site to look around more. found a sign i never seen before,at-least i think its a sign.has anyone seen this before or knows what it is? devil. View attachment 640060 View attachment 640061 View attachment 640062 View attachment 640065 View attachment 640066

I've never seen it before, but that doesn't mean much. Don't know if you where free styling or following a trail since you took multiple pictures from the general angle...but s/s are meant to catch your attention but they where created to be seen from specific point in the trail. Seems like you have some desert varish that has been removed to create contrast. Some of that varnish is being covered by grass/brush. I would like to think since they did not completely remove all the varnish it serves a purpose. S/s sometimes depend on surounding objects to create the whole picture. Everything rlse fails stand on it and look for unatural suspects. wish you the best, no need to thank me... cause i have a feeling you would want to since you always do weather the information is worthwile.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks usernotfond,lol. your time and thoughts are worth it. whether i understand it or not. i must admit that most of this stuff is way over my head, still. whoever worked these stones and made these trails and pointers,are just kicking my butt. i got to the point where i just look to see if its been worked by man, photo it. and hope someday i can understand the signs. about all i picked up so far is what i think that some site are more important than others. i even doubt myself on that . i was free-styling,the trail was across the wash on my right heading up the canyon. it is the widest and worn trail i have seen so far. i was just to lazy to go down in it and cross till i got up towards the top. you are right,it isn't a shadow,its some kind of varnish stained work. but it caught my eye from a distance,it dose stand out.i dont think natural,too dark of a shade, color dosent fit with everything else in that canyon.

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is View attachment 640220 this a sun sign cross,it is on the other side of the canyon,by the heavy worn trail,and is from the sunlight.

I've read it means that you are in fact on the correct trail...confirmation. Which make sense... due to the fact that the desert varnish stands out. I believe the contrast is too great for the sign to be of great importance.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dog:
I see your shadow deer, and raise you a shadow stylized man-figure with a heart shaped shield. Further up on the right is a rock heart with a large "dash" cut across each lobe. Then, back to the left is a stack of rocks that looks like a copycat totem setup. Don't know what the heck THAT is, but don't stand down hill from it. LOL..........might hurt. :)))
52712a 009-dogtther.jpg

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the info on that sun sign cross, usernotfound. the photo didnt show as good in real time. it was much more richer in color back in that shadow than the photo showed.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks shortstack for pointing the other things out. that area is full of rock carrin stacks and other things.and on the other side across the wash,where the heavy worn wide trail is. has a lot of stuff to.some wild shaped stumps and stones. i was just to tired at the time to keep hiking up in there. ill post some more photos of the area later. thanks.

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That "heart-shaped shield" ss pointed out looks like a bird hoyo I found yesterday. Looks like it is looking left.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
are you sure you pulled the right photo unf. i thought it looked like a pig facing right, then also a dog facing left, using the same ear,pigs ear facing forward,dogs ear point back. optical illusion, lol. dogs snout as pigs neck ,pigs snout as dogs neck. a two for one deal.lol. cool sign ,i thought

Last edited:

Chas

Aug 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For give me, Dog tth, I have a question. Does any one know what a upside down face with mouth open or close means ? Thanks, The Student Chas

hadji009

Dec 29, 2008
illinois

1192011ss%20012paint3pthoyo.JPG this photo also looks like it has a shadow king looking to the ground,top left shadow rabbit,i covered with arrow and hoyo bhind rabbit.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks hadji009,great job on the photos,they look so much better and sharper.thanks for picking out the other items and marking them. makes it more easier for me to spot. i dont know about that owl? ill have to look and see if i can find that shape somewhere.its strange for sure. i dont know whats going on with that v or other omega? sign. maybe if photo was taken sooner or later,the shape would be better. that photo looks alot better too.thanks for taking the time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions