natural or not ?

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
I run across interesting pics from time to time on the net. This one indicates where it is from. I could find no email to contact the fellow and ask permission but as it has his link on it.. I think it is okay. Natural or not?
Eagle.jpg

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
From what I can see in the photo I am ready to agree with Randy.

Note the apparent brick (sidewalk?) just behind it and there is no context or confirmation added or offered
i vote natural
Thom

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Natural as well.

Best-Mike

Infosponge

Jul 20, 2006
Too close to the border
Detector(s) used
They went that way <<<<<>>>>>>
It looks manmade. As Thom pointed out "Note the apparent brick (sidewalk?) just behind it," I'm inclined to agree with him. If this is indeed part of two bricks and the grove is from an edging or grooving tool, than it has to be manmade and not natural.

Just my three cents worth.

Sincerely,

Infosponge

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, the rock is natural, but one thing on it is not.

It has what looks like half a drill hole in it (see pic). It's not a treasure sign, a trail sign, or anything else meant to convey a direction. Its' just part of how they quarried the rock for roads and such.

Best-Mike

Attachments

• 1111.jpg
    1111.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 607

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
gollum said:
Actually, the rock is natural, but one thing on it is not.

Best-Mike

That does kinda look like a drill hole, but I didn't suspect it to be because it looks too small. It's kinda hard to judge size in this photo, but comparing the drill hole to the surrounding snow (I know what size snow crystals are, great up in Colorado) I'm inclined to think it's NOT a drill hole. It's about 1/8th of an inch across I'd guess. Then again, like I said it's kinda hard to judge the size.

Either way, it surely is NOT some kinda marker to anything. That I am confident about.

OP
OP
desertmoons

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Hey thank you so much for the feedback. I am just trying to train my eye. Sidewalk it is :) Or something similar!

DesertMoons

Leones Corazon

Mar 26, 2006
Grand Junction Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808
Equinox 800
Go Find 60
Primary Interest:
Other
Thomas...teeterin on the fence due to the double v's on the front....and we have seen a ton of that have we not?

DW

OP
OP
desertmoons

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Thanks everyone for the replies!

Adter the discussion, I tend to agree to it man made but not related to spanish.

Great discussion though! And ti will never hurt to take a reading just in case. Heh..contact that web site if you wish to pursue it,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread