Stone faces

2fishon

Jul 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
These stone faces interested me enough to check them out. It's curious that they both had small eye holes. Today I climbed up to investigate and look for any confirmation signs. I didn't find anything that I thought was man-made, but still very interesting.

Attachments

• faces1.jpg
    faces1.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 561
  • North1.jpg
    North1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 551
  • north2.jpg
    north2.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 556
  • north3.jpg
    north3.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 533
  • South1.jpg
    South1.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 544
  • south2.jpg
    south2.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 536
  • flowers.jpg
    flowers.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 539
  • others.jpg
    others.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 532
  • north.jpg
    north.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 528
  • west.jpg
    west.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 523

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey 2F,

What part of the country are they in?

Best-Mike

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
wow 2f, you come up with some simply amazing pictures. I've had trouble finding confirmation carvings on a quite a few things, and for now am considering the possibility of confirmation markers as opposed to actual carvings as a way to validate certain things.. Time will tell if that is reasonable thing to do or if lets too much imagination into the game.

I wanted to mention that there are examples rather similar to your pictures, and some example interpretations in pickets field notebook over at treasure hunters university. I suspect it might be discussed in other books to..but that is the only one i have.

Thanks so much for the pics!

DM

OP
OP

2fishon

Jul 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I am very inexperienced at looking for confirmation signs. This particular area has tons of rocks with windows in them. I didn't see any indication of man's hand, prehistoric or more recent. There are tons of petroglyphs in the region, but not on this exact site. These faces can be easily seen from where the old spanish trail went through the area. I very thankful for the help and comments.

Leones Corazon

Mar 26, 2006
Grand Junction Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808
Equinox 800
Go Find 60
Primary Interest:
Other
In my opinion from the pics i don't see anything spanish to begin to look for confirmation marks. I do see ancient things and a lot of good ancient shadow signs in the pics as some are similiar to western co. and from what i have seen in DM's pics in NM.

DW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread