All Treasure Hunting

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes I do smoke - bad habit
But, still no excuse to "burn up" collectable coins to buy smokes that will burn up in a few minutes to satisfying a craving
Brady

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Here is the sad part.....What clerk in their right mind would consider notifying the police in the first place about something stupid like this? It is bad enough the police were unintelligent enough to publicize such an event, but it is also pretty stupid that they would bother to listen to some clerk go on about how those were really rare coins and 'the lady who spent them MUST be a criminal!'.

I would say the clerk who informed the police AND the police who decided to make a big deal out of it must be mildly retarded, or have an IQ that is less than their shoe size lol.

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree Falcon............I mean I could see if they were $20 Gold eagles or something.
Goes to show that many people dont know a great deal about the value of older coins. :icon_scratch:

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
If I had been the clerk, I would not have said a word to anyone. I would have just replaced the older stuff with modern clad outta my pocketses, and been one happy camper!

~Audiz~

Nov 9, 2008
Rochester, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250...Garrett Pro-pointer... "The secret of vast riches begins with a single penny"
MalteseFalcon said:
If I had been the clerk, I would not have said a word to anyone. I would have just replaced the older stuff with modern clad outta my pocketses, and been one happy camper!

Falcon, I would of done the samething

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope they catch that Evil, Female Criminal for attepting to put collectible coins BACK into circulation. :tard:

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Believe it or not, my sis got me a holed Morgan from the little store she worked in awhile back. Same thing. Someone paid for a pack of smokes with it! :o

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet this person would have turned in the 1909-S-vdb
that was put in circulation eralier this year for publicity.
as part of National Coin Week

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread