Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rando said:
Metal Detector saleswoman of the year.

I'm happy for her, but am I the only one who hopes that this 'fervor" will die down soon?
By the way did you Rando notice what detector she was using ?? i could not figue it out :dontknow: Jim

An Ri Rua

Apr 7, 2008
On da money
Detector(s) used
Mermet brass pendulum; Aqua Locator (antique), Luddite Skeptic detector
Spooky said:

I'm happy for her, but am I the only one who hopes that this 'fervor" will die down soon?

Do you mean because it irks the State and the archaeologists?

I feel that finds like this strengthen the arm of detectorists in the UK. It also nurtures a certain amount of common sense and leniency being applied in Ireland; provided hobbyists stay away from known or even possible historical (listed) sites.

An Ri Rua

Apr 7, 2008
On da money
Detector(s) used
Mermet brass pendulum; Aqua Locator (antique), Luddite Skeptic detector
Spooky said:
An Ri Rua said:
Spooky said:

Do you mean because it irks the State and the archaeologists?

I feel that finds like this strengthen the arm of detectorists in the UK. It also nurtures a certain amount of common sense and leniency being applied in Ireland; provided hobbyists stay away from known or even possible historical (listed) sites.

Not at all.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,291220.0.html

Ok, I'm on your wavelength now :) Very well said btw. Things got so bad in Ireland in the 1970's detector craze that holes were being dug in the sides of national monuments and goodies extracted. Then in the early 80's, the Derrynaflan Chalice controversy (the father and son were offered €3.5m but the Supreme Court eventually overturned it) caused a complete crackdown on MD'ing anywhere (technically) in the 26 counties of Ireland, apart from 99% of beaches.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread