El Dorado, Legendary Lost City of Gold, Found in Amazon

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
kc10bull said:
Dear kc10bull;
I already posted it here my friend;
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,293143.0.html
The site has been known for several years now but the archies wanted to check it out before the looters, therefore they witheld the announcement. Thus far the archies are thinking that it's a pre-Incan civilization. There is NO evidence that it may be the legendary city of Paititi, or El Dorado in Spanish, my friend.
Your friend;
LAMAR

OP
OP
kc10bull

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Yes, I saw your post, but discovered additional news material so I thought to post it if anyone was interested in a little additional reading information. Also since they said El Dorodo in bold captions the news media is going for some sensationalism journalism, just to get peoples attention.
I'm just wondering on how many people will act upon this story and fly off to the area thinking they will strike it rich, and get famous without doing any additional research.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning. The el Dorado, Possibly the original 7 Ciudades of Cibolo, lies on the Maranon river, Gran Pajonal, Peru. It was found by Leonard Clark in 1946. If you wish to read of a fascinating Exploration by a man alone, with virtually no money or supplies, being the first white man to go through the still unexplored Indian countries and live, read "The Rivers ran East, Leonard Clark.

An incredible true story

Don Jose de La Mancha

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The only problem is that there is no gold there.

El Dorado Seeker

Nov 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Conquistadores originally searched for the El Dorado in Colombia and Venezuela. Especially Colombia. Lake Guatavita was believed to hold immense amounts of gold (hidden there by the Muisca people).

The "El Dorado" was rather a person (a god/demigod of the Muisca people):
El Dorado - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Later people extended the myth to an "area" and today we think the El Dorado is a place. It was a person, actually.

But the myths about lost cities were often referring to Inca cities, further down from the "El Dorado area", down in the Andes:
http://www.rediscovermachupicchu.com/lost-inca-cities.htm

Last edited:

Danny1413

Apr 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just couldn't stop myself posting this, if anyone here believes in Paititi try asking people like Greg Deyermenjian he has lead expeditions looking for Paititi for over 20 years.
If you have any questions you want me to ask him post them up here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread