Stolen Gold Near Marys Creek?

LBJ

Jul 14, 2006
Stolen Gold Near Mary's Creek?

About 15 years ago, the local Fort Worth newspaper ran a story on a late 1800's hold up of something bearing a gold shipment (been many years ago and I forget the story). The robbers supposedly hid their gold and loot near Mary's Creek on the West side of Fort Worth, TX. That sound familiar to anyone? I did a web search with no results. Mary's Creek is mostly surrounded by homes these days, but there is some of it that is not. Be interesting to research.

LBJ
Fort Worth, TX

OP
OP
L

LBJ

Jul 14, 2006
Re: Stolen Gold Near Mary's Creek?

Jeff Davis, that sounds very familiar! I was thinking Fort Worth, but of course, Benbrook is just southwest of FW and these days you cannot tell where one stops and the other starts. FW was a real hell hole for the bandit world at one time. The article mentions Hell's Half Acre which is where Butch and Sundance hung out in FW and where that famous photo of them was taken. Rough crowd. Thanks.

Diving Doc, I am not a real researcher-type. Just a coin shooter. But the idea of a robbery of that size hidden in my area sounds pretty exciting.

dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

When the internet fails...Library's are a gold mine of research material.. Old maps and clippings are there for your study. Don't be afraid to ask..its there, you just have to do a little elbow and brain work..Thats how most of the treasure has been found.. Very seldom is it stumbled on....Oh and sometime's you do have to flatter or nudge the librarian a bit if they are pre- occupied that day.. ;D ;D ;D ;D

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004

with a smile like that i'm sure you get to see it all !!!!!!.......in fun........gldhntr

S

stefen

dg39,

I once accidentally nudged a librarian while she was on a ladder while being a bit pre- occupied myself one day..

She had this same look on her face as your troll icon;D

You won't beleive how fast an expression will go from a goose to your goose-is-cooked. :D

You got to admit, its a funny expression (the Troll's, that is).

S

stefen

dg39,

I once accidentally nudged a librarian while she was on a ladder while being a bit pre- occupied myself one day..

You won't beleive how fast an expression will go from a goose to your goose-is-cooked. :D

dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

stefen said:
dg39,

I don't know who gets the most information. Me or my troll....The troll tends to be more aggressive though.
I caught him in the stacks with an intern..She said she was teaching him the Dewey decimal system...Hummmm.
DG

;D ;D

S

stefen

I could really have some fun with this string, however, I think that I will leave the topic of Dewey's digit for some other time.
::)

Egads, how did we get so far off of the Mary's Creek topic?

S

stefen

Your right!

I'll go to my room. ;D

S

stefen

O'boy. O'boy.

Can I? Can I?

Gee, thanks ;D ;D

S

stefen

Now I'm confused...I thought it was my digit.

And besides, its well rounded...not square.

Does this have anything to do on how to place a square peg into a round hole?

Man! Now I really am confused.

Please clarify.

S

stefen

Man!

You know what she did?

She wet her finger and ran it down the Dewe.................................................

WOW!

Is my face as red as my car?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread