Excavating the Alamo

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Today's AP reports that UTSA students are being allowed to dig in the area of the "Long Barracks". Since beginning earlier this mo., the students have uncovered pottery shards, buttons, glass beads, & grapeshot. So heres what we do. Set up a TN University, apply for all those lucerative grants, Put official looking magnetic signs on our vehicles, and proceed to lawfully loot & pillage at will.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I like the idea of TreasureNet University. Maybe we could have a college teach classes and make a degree out of it. Just think, we all could have Bachelor's, Master's, or even a Ph. D. in Metallurgical Detection, Identification, and Excavation. ;D ;D We could get grants and dig our selves.

OP
OP
buscadero

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
We won't even have to buy any digging equipment or MD's either. We just wait for some unsuspecting TH'ers come around, flash our "official looking" ID's, & confiscate theirs. All in the name of Science & Preserving everything for future generations.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
buscadero said:
We won't even have to buy any digging equipment or MD's either. We just wait for some unsuspecting TH'ers come around, flash our "official looking" ID's, & confiscate theirs. All in the name of Science & Preserving everything for future generations.

LOL. :D Gives new meaning to the term "Membership Has Its Privileges!"

K

Kentucky Kache

I just want to know, are we gonna have a basketball team? ;D

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
gypsyheart said:
I am loving this idea. I could be Professor PullTab

HAHAHAHA!!!!! ;D thats hilarious! then i get to be professor canslaw!! ;D

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
Basketball?!?

How about a Hockey team? We're all experienced at moving forward with heads down while waving a stick back and forth in front of us..............

Dr. Diggemall

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
The ones who earn their Doctorate Degree or PHD are now Professional Hole Diggers on the weekend and Pizza Hut Drivers during the week.

OP
OP
buscadero

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I want to be the Director of Campus Security. I may need some old Relco MDs that I can "trade" for the gp3500's & Explorer2's that I take away from the academic types that dare tresspass on our Sovereign Grounds.

O

Ole Mole

I would like to teach the physics of foil if no one has any objections, being I have found alot in my life time.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I think we may have to forego the school dances, though. I've heard that no White's machine can two-step to save it's life. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread