maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im surprised to see such high morality! First of all, you arent stealing, if your picking money off a highway, it only becomes stealing, once you know where the money came from, and who's it is. I really cant imagine money spread all over the highway, and people seeing it and nobody ever stopping. Easy to say you wouldnt stop, if you didnt see it! If your morals were high enough, then stop, pick it up, then turn it in. If you see a wallet on the sidewalk, do you just walk by it, or pick it up and see who owns it?

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
Just an FYI, similar incident happened here in MI about 7-8 years back on I-94 between Battle Creek and Kalamazoo.

Some were honest and helped to pick up the money and handed it over to the police...

But many snatched up as much as possible, one friend that was there said that someone came up to them with their fists full of 10 n 20 dollar bills when 100's were a blowing in the wind... one gall was asking others to help her pick up money, which she had stuffed every place she could, but could not bend over to pick up more with out dropping some...

And yes the police came a knocking to every one they could trace back to the scene and that included my friend, who was given one choice... give it back or face criminal charges, so what do you think they did.... yep they opted to stay out of jail.

Last edited:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi kd8lxt; The Police can easily trace that Currency back to "anyone" who may have spent it. They figure out where it was spent then follow the trail. Some idiots actually deposit it directly back into their own Bank Accounts. Pretty stupid for sure. In this case, honesty "is" the best policy. They don't fool around either for sure ok. PEACE:RONB

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi kd8lxt; The Police can easily trace that Currency back to "anyone" who may have spent it. They figure out where it was spent then follow the trail. Some idiots actually deposit it directly back into their own Bank Accounts. Pretty stupid for sure. In this case, honesty "is" the best policy. They don't fool around either for sure ok. PEACE:RONB

The bank does not write down the serial numbers on every bill they give to the courier to take back to the depository and I bet it is the same going the other way. The police cannot tell how much you picked up, I.E. give us the money back or go to jail. Very easy, if I was a dishonest person I would hand over a couple of hundred and say thank you for not arresting me. Once they drove away, I would roll around in the extra couple of thousand I had picked up.....:laughing7:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi FreedomUIC; I'm not sure about that one ok. I'm not doubting you. I'm just not sure ok. PEACE:RONB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread