tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sitting here listing to the radio this morning and just heard this story of a Swiss fella who turns your dead relatives in to gems. They think those who's cremated ashes came from a cancer victim who went through chemotherapy are turning out a white diamond. Every toasted person it seems make a different color gem stone. The process run between $5000. to $22,000. Well to hell with me ever becoming a gem. I know my wife doesn't think I'm worth anywhere close to that.

From Ashes To Ashes To Diamonds: A Way To Treasure The Dead : NPR

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better do it then while you can still write a check.

Of course, it's a matter of timing! :laughing7:

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
1233455_10153213887015462_999626401_n.jpg

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey tamrock!! Really Neat Article and thanks for sharing!! If it were me I would probably get thrown out the kitchen window in a divorce settlement!! He He!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sitting here listing to the radio this morning and just heard this story of a Swiss fella who turns your dead relatives in to gems. They think those who's cremated ashes came from a cancer victim who went through chemotherapy are turning out a white diamond. Every toasted person it seems make a different color gem stone. The process run between $5000. to $22,000. Well to hell with me ever becoming a gem. I know my wife doesn't think I'm worth anywhere close to that.

From Ashes To Ashes To Diamonds: A Way To Treasure The Dead : NPR

$22K is not that bad of a price to be perfectly honest. I really don't see the controversy, if you want this done, so be it.

However, it is "pointless" if you want to look at it as such. It's the same case with expensive diamonds for wedding rings, there is no point in buying rings. Heck, I'd rather see people get immortalized in these cool stones, than money be wasted on expensive diamond rings.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really don't see the controversy...how'd you come to that conclusion?

GTzer

Jan 24, 2013
DELCO, Pa
Detector(s) used
xTerra 705 & 6000 xl Pro,CZ 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darn-the price went up already. I made that my wish about 3 yrs back. At the time it was 3-5 thousand. If it goes up much more I guess it will have to be ash in a diamond shaped box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread