this guys beggin for undo attention

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

"Un-do attention" ? Ok, I'll be the devil's advocate then : Who does the possible money in that safe belong to ? That new homeowner who just bought the house? Or the previous homeowner who just left it there by accident ? (alerted to the fact by the new-link hitting the press, mind-you) ? Or how about if that home had previously been a rental, and 3 different previous renters "stepped forward" upon seeing that news clip, to alert you/us that it was they who left that $$ there (a simple slip of the mind).

In each and every one of those cases, SURELY you wouldn't begrudge those right-ful owners from having what's rightfully there ?? So pray-tell, how is this "un-do" attention? Those persons who found it were merely doing what's right when reporting it afterall. Right ? :) So recant of your implication that they should have remained silent !

rickv14623

Dec 24, 2012
upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no un-do attention when you start posting all over social sites. What a narcissistic world we have become. Either this is a fake story (He knew it was there) or the guy is just an idiot.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
"Un-do attention" ? Ok, I'll be the devil's advocate then : Who does the possible money in that safe belong to ? That new homeowner who just bought the house? Or the previous homeowner who just left it there by accident ? (alerted to the fact by the new-link hitting the press, mind-you) ? Or how about if that home had previously been a rental, and 3 different previous renters "stepped forward" upon seeing that news clip, to alert you/us that it was they who left that $$ there (a simple slip of the mind).

In each and every one of those cases, SURELY you wouldn't begrudge those right-ful owners from having what's rightfully there ?? So pray-tell, how is this "un-do" attention? Those persons who found it were merely doing what's right when reporting it afterall. Right ? :) So recant of your implication that they should have remained silent !
The Spanish government had claimed it and our government has ordered that it be returned to them...

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
The Spanish government had claimed it and our government has ordered that it be returned to them...

Correct. Which is why it's our rightful duty to report any such finds so they can be repatriated to their right-ful owner. Yes ? No ? Thus I don't get you guys being "sneaky", "ninja" and failing to abide by the TH'rs code of ethics. Tsk tsk.

DainBrammage

Apr 1, 2014
Desoto County, MS
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If he owns the house, he owns the safe and its contents because its built in.. When you purchase a house, you purchase it and all of its furnishing unless they are SPECIFICALLY called out as not going with the house. We know hes at least half a moron for posting to the world where his newly found built in safe is located....

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we know now... Tsk tsk ....I love it...

liftloop

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
If he owns the house, he owns the safe and its contents because its built in.. When you purchase a house, you purchase it and all of its furnishing unless they are SPECIFICALLY called out as not going with the house. We know hes at least half a moron for posting to the world where his newly found built in safe is located....

No, this isn't true Dain-Brammage. There's actually some legal cases, that I won't go into (on account of space) that don't support that.

Let me give you an example: Let's say your wife looses her $100,000 diamond ring. A few years later, you move out of your house. Then a few weeks later, you meet the house-buyer at the supermarket. You look down, and his wife is wearing YOUR wife's ring. You recognize it and say:

"hey, that's our family heirloom! Yipee you found it!"

But the finder says:

" huh? what are you talking about ? We found it in our flower bed. It belongs to us now. haha, sorry charlie".

Ok, you tell me: is the ring yours, or the house-buyers ?

The legal cases surrounding such things are very interesting reading. Worth an entire post someday :)

DainBrammage

Apr 1, 2014
Desoto County, MS
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, this isn't true Dain-Brammage. There's actually some legal cases, that I won't go into (on account of space) that don't support that.

Let me give you an example: Let's say your wife looses her $100,000 diamond ring. A few years later, you move out of your house. Then a few weeks later, you meet the house-buyer at the supermarket. You look down, and his wife is wearing YOUR wife's ring. You recognize it and say:

"hey, that's our family heirloom! Yipee you found it!"

But the finder says:

" huh? what are you talking about ? We found it in our flower bed. It belongs to us now. haha, sorry charlie".

Ok, you tell me: is the ring yours, or the house-buyers ?

The legal cases surrounding such things are very interesting reading. Worth an entire post someday :)

A diamond ring is not a fixture in a house. A built in safe is. You would make a lousy lawyer.

DainBrammage

Apr 1, 2014
Desoto County, MS
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also probably only empty remnants of some suburban drug dealer anyway. Nobody forgets they installed a safe. Especially a clandestinely hidden floor safe under a bathroom cabinet. This thing screams Walter White and Jessie Pinkman....

swamp yankee

Jun 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A word to all,tell no one when you score please! As the depression worsens the herds of flies this type of story will bring carrying noisy toys will only increase to your detriment....

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I helped a fellow search his deceased brothers house, because .... on the brother's hospital death-bed, he'd told family members about his "buried gold". During that night, the one brother died. The surviving brother got the house, and began to wonder if the things his brother had told him about "gold" were true. So before selling the house, he went through one end to the other. But alas, no "gold". Then he hired me on to search the yard with my detector. I found several cookie jars each filled with what totalled thousands of silver coins. But no "gold". I asked the surviving brother if I could search the house too, but he rolled his eyes and assured me they'd searched every bit of it. But I persisted, so he gave permission. And guess what we found ? EXACTLY LIKE IN THE PICTURES HERE: a false floor bottom to a cabinet that .... when removed .... revealed a safe-dial-entry thing :)

So it's entirely possible that a safe could be sold, unknowingly, to someone else where .... the "heirs" of family heirlooms or something that was not meant to "go with the house".

Sure I'm not a lawyer, but .... just sayin' !

Oh, and by the way: this particular safe was empty (we broke into it to see what was inside). But you can bet we had dollar signs in our eyes for awhile as we devised a way to break into the safe, haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread