Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never said that I think the pixies had anything to do with it. I don't know who did and evidently you do not either although you said you were 100 % sure. You make us look bad by posting the story and picks without any proof of detectorist involvement.
What would you like me to post names:icon_scratch: I don't think I could prove anything to you, no matter how much proof I have. like I said earlier I have seen items found from the wall. I won't reply to you again on this thread. Do you think I really like admitting that this damage was done by a so called fellow detectorist,

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never said that I think the pixies had anything to do with it. I don't know who did and evidently you do not either although you said you were 100 % sure. You make us look bad by posting the story and picks without any proof of detectorist involvement.

Kemper, the gentleman stated he had first hand knowledge of the damage done and by WHO.

Now, your crossing the line by calling the gentleman a liar, back the FK off!

I apologize in advance to anyone that reads this post, but enough is enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You make us look bad by posting the story and picks without any proof of detectorist involvement.

In another post you was saying you never attack or insult other members. What was this?

SS wasnt the one out there commiting crimes,he is local to the area reporting the facts.

Must your agenda spill over into every thread?

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guy's .....I'm not offended by Kemper, it would seem that he is not aware just how much I do know about this area and subject. I am all for discussing this topic further, lets not get the plug pulled on this one early.:thumbsup:

SS

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back off....

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not insulting or attacking a member. I am discussing this issue and seeking facts. Apology accepted.

That apology was not directed NOR stated for you kemper.

It was to the other members either male or female that my post could have insulted, you do not deserve an apology from ME!

In post #16 SS answered your challenge, stating he had first hand knowledge and knew who did it.

In post #26 you basically call SS a liar.

In post #30 He is not alluding to anything, he stated that he knew of the damage done and knew who had done it.

Why must you always try to create drama and draw attention to yourself.

Last edited:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are saying that you personally know who did this ,this is the first time you mentioned that fact. If that is what you are alluding to here you could simply state that you know personally who did it. I am not telling you what to do.
No I did not state or imply I knew who did THIS act. I said it was done 100% by detecorists, and I will stand by that.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's all take note.
My post is directed at you Kemper. SS did not post the thread another member did, your attack on SS is out of line..

Just so it is real clear this time.."Kemper back off the attacks."

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
End the attacks.......

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
This happened at a historic site in my own area. Fortunately, in the end, it did turn out to have another explanation (pheeeww). But ..... be that as it may, since no one knows, it's not worth worrying about whether or not it *really* was d/t to md'rs. I mean, sure: to muse that in a single post (that there might be an alternate explanation): fine. But no need to go further than that, lest it appear needling.

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I deleted my post as it was an attack.

Sorry Treasure hunter and the rest of the community.

Sluice Willis

Feb 6, 2015
In my house
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guy's .....I'm not offended by Kemper, it would seem that he is not aware just how much I do know about this area and subject. I am all for discussing this topic further, lets not get the plug pulled on this one early.:thumbsup:

SS

SS you just have to ignore him, he one of those guys that just likes to cause a commotion to get attention. It wouldn't matter if you had video tape of nighthawkers doing the damage, I bet he even argues with his Rice Crispies at the breakfast table.

Sluice Willis

Feb 6, 2015
In my house
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are fields nearby were you can detect at Hadrian's wall, but as the picture shoes these holes are with in the no go area.:nono: If you are caught with in the boundaries you are likely to be charge with going equipped to steal with a metal detector. Hadrian's wall is not just a fortification, it had Villas and home steads along it's stretch, and with over 9,000 troops staged there, there must of been a lot of coinage floating about. SS

I looked up Hadrian's wall, it's a very interesting subject. There is alot of important history there and it's almost a window into a time long ago. I also checked out your 11 banner finds, AMAZING! That gold Roman ring from the 1st century is my favorite. Holding an item like that must be incredible and finding one must be unbelievable. The other ring is awesome too, amazing it was poking out of the ground like that. The only thing that I have found that even comes close, is a mint condition 1962 zip top pull tab from an Iron City beer can! :notworthy: :laughing7:

Hadrian's Wall - History of the Roman Britain Wall
Mementos of Hadrian's reign — in the form of coins and the many building projects he undertook — survive. Most famous is the wall across Britain that was named Hadrian's Wall after him. Hadrian's Wall was built, beginning in 122, to keep Roman Britain safe from hostile attacks from the Picts. It was the northernmost boundary of the Roman empire until early in the fifth century (see the Antonine Wall).

The wall, stretching from the North Sea to the Irish Sea (from the Tyne to the Solway), was 80 Roman miles (about 73 modern miles) long, 8-10 feet wide, and 15 feet high. In addition to the wall, the Romans built a system of small forts called milecastles (housing garrisons of up to 60 men) every Roman mile along its entire length, with towers every 1/3 mile. Sixteen larger forts holding from 500 to 1000 troops were built into the wall, with large gates on the north face. To the south of the wall the Romans dug a wide ditch, (vallum), with six foot high earth banks.

Here are a few more links for those who are interested.
Hadrian's Wall | Visit Northumberland
Roman Forts | Visit Northumberland
Hadrian's Wall | Roman wall, England, United Kingdom | Encyclopedia Britannica
Hadrian's Wall - Hadrians Wall
Hadrian's Wall Path | National Trails
The First Pull Tabs - 1962-64

OP
OP
HutSiteDigger

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just getting off subject here :D but the Great Wall Of China is 5,500 miles long.. (danggggg thats looooong) I can't find much of people MDing the Great Wall... Wonder if it's allowed...... I know most of it's like built up high and such but i am sure there are spots you can MD near it, etc...

Last edited:

Sluice Willis

Feb 6, 2015
In my house
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0759.JPG IMG_0760.JPG IMG_0762.JPG

IMG_0765.jpg IMG_0771.JPG IMG_0773.JPG

IMG_0788.JPG IMG_0789.JPG IMG_0802.JPG

IMG_0804.JPG IMG_0809.JPG hadrians-wall2.jpg

hadrianswall11.jpg UK+Hadrians+Wall+093.jpg UK+Hadrians+Wall+095.jpg

UK+Hadrians+Wall+101.jpg UK+Hadrians+Wall+106.jpg UK+Hadrians+Wall+112.jpg

UK+Hadrians+Wall+116.jpg UK+Hadrians+Wall+118.jpg UK+Hadrians+Wall+120.jpg

UK+Hadrians+Wall+124.jpg UK+Hadrians+Wall+128.jpg 73-5_Roman05_w750.jpg

UK+Hadrians+Wall+135.jpg UK+Hadrians+Wall+162.jpg 73-6_Roman_27_w750.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0806.jpg
    IMG_0806.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 82

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many detector-est do you know that hunt with a spade shovel any way. More likely artifact thieves.
Every metal detector-est I have seen has a hand held trowel or screwdriver type probe.
I stay off the well manicured lawns, replace my small scalp of turf and have never been asked to leave.
If you damage property like the posted picture you should be prosecuted. My 2 cents worth.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many detector-est do you know that hunt with a spade shovel any way. More likely artifact thieves.
Every metal detector-est I have seen has a hand held trowel or screwdriver type probe.
I stay off the well manicured lawns, replace my small scalp of turf and have never been asked to leave.
If you damage property like the posted picture you should be prosecuted. My 2 cents worth.
Well I never seen one here use a trowel or screw driver here, we all use a spade, and let's face it anybody stealing artifacts from ancient sites, don't have the time to dig neat holes. I go to the huge rallies that get held over here, and nobody uses a trowel/screwdriver, and thousands of detectorist's attend.

Next doubter please.:laughing7:

SS

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it is a matter of doubting or not doubting. The story by the Op showed no proof or link to detectorists. People do not have to believe or disbelieve it but can be neutral. It just makes detectorists look bad when it is blamed on them with no proof. Good one for anti-detector magazine.
So enlighten me who do you think done the damage. You seem to have all the answers for a hidden conspiracy for some body getting detectorists a bad name. Which by the way we already have hear, You seem to want photographic proof of the actual digging. I guess you can lead a horse to water, but not make it drink...Wake up Man it's people like you with your narrow minded out look, that this wasn't done by detecorists, that give the Antis the fuel they require.
The sooner the Metal Detecting Community get behind the English Heritage, condemn the guilty parties, the better. Turning a blind eye does more damage.

Last edited:

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron City beer can! Good chance my DNA is in that one! Especially with that date. That was put in real steel cans too! Find one of those and you might blow the headphones out on your detector! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread