Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe people are So Dumb :icon_scratch:

I'm not talking about the woman who Discarded it.

I'm talking about the fools that have so much money laying around,
they will pay $200,000.00 for this :BangHead:

imrs.php.jpg

[h=1]Mystery woman throws away vintage Apple computer[/h]
An unidentified woman dropped off the desktop computer, one of the original 1976 machines built by Steve Wozniak, Steve Jobs, and Rob Wayne, at CleanBayArea in April. (As Steve Wozniak told Gizmodo last time we wrote about the Apple-1, they weren’t actually built in a Cupertino garage, as tech legend goes.)

According to CleanBayArea vice president Victor Gichun, the mystery woman was cleaning out her house after her husband died. The backlogged center only recently discovered that she’d nonchalantly surrendered a piece of computing history, and now it’s trying to find her.

Mystery woman throws away vintage Apple computer worth $200,000 - The Washington Post

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 , Pro pointer, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree, Jeff. I think I have an Apple Performa around here somewhere. I'll take half that for it.:laughing7:

Mike70

Jan 23, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortez, Tesoro Stingray, C&G Wildcat, Pistol Probe Pro. Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I got an old Borland, with books and everything, I wonder ..............

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if you have a "computer museum"... this would be a "must have"...
Only takes 2 who want it to drive the price to this...
Heck could have been one of the founders who wanted it for display in the lobby of his building.
$200,000 would be like 200 bucks to them.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll sell the Dell I'm using right now for $5000. at least it is actually internet Capable

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder how hard it would be to find some vintage chips and capacitors, solder them to an old board in the same way they look on the example above, and just say it's an original Apple 1. I mean it's not like the thing has to work or anything. You could even toss a little dirt and salt water on it to make it look broken/old and people will still pay 5 or 6 figure sums for it. :laughing7:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've horded some of my old computers. The oldest is my 1987 or 88? IBM intel 8088 cpu, floppy drive with a 10 meg hard drive and the Okidata dot matrix printer I used with it in the crawl space under a blanket. Last time I lifted the blanket to look at it, mice had made a nest in that printer. Now that I think about it I need to go review what other treasures are down in that crawl space. It's a frick'n time capsule of me and the years I lived plus the ancestors before me. When I croak, it'll be my King Tuts tomb for someone to discover.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread