City Workers find Civil War pot of Gold-Really !!!!

oldplacesnofinds

May 8, 2007
Bucks County , PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum II Whites Spectrum
I love how the government jumps in to get their hands on the gold. Don't they get enough with taxes? They have to shake down some hard working people that actually found it. I believe finders keepers too. Unless working on private property.

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
oldplacesnofinds said:
I love how the government jumps in to get their hands on the gold. Don't they get enough with taxes? They have to shake down some hard working people that actually found it. I believe finders keepers too. Unless working on private property.

I don't believe the story, but it is plausible...especially with the theory that the coins went out the back door with the manager saying that the robber took them. It just doesn't make sense that it is unknown if it's Jackson, Mississippi or Jackson, Tennessee. If the story were true someone would have a copy of it on here somewhere, or someone would KNOW which city it was. Plus it doesn't say what the Mayors name was. A politician would HAVE to have his name in the paper. True or not, the govt is going to step in and say that citizens can't have them. They are worth money and lots of it! They are worth tons of money that they should be making taxes on and they can't when someone holds on to them for years and hands them over as gifts or inheritance to their children. In addition why would they want to make a portion of the amount they could when the gold is worth far more...probably in the 100,000s or possibliy millions. Crooks. A bunch of dirty crooks. I hope if it's true the city finder made off with most of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread