So very sad they are removing all our Southern Confederate Heros in New Orleans tonig

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our history is just being taken away..people now a days are so offended by everything every symptom is some type of condition now. Everyone get a participation medal...its pathetic

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hate hearing this stuff. It is easy to get very mad at the people pushing this stuff.I hold dear the value that history should be accurate very strongly and not changed as early as 200 years after the fact.

Here's what I don't understand, not being very "artsy" I do look at these beautiful statues as art. Now they can have a crucifix in a jar filled with urine, which offended my Christian's and they defined it to no end as freedom of speech and "art", but the statues, which is real art, is offending people so they're talking them down. Now the Jefferson Davis statue was being blocked since its City Park property and not city property, but they did it anyway. On Monday, the Louisiana House of Representatives passed a bill that would ban the removal of monuments without a referendum; this prompted a walkout by members of the Legislative Black Caucus, who said in a news conference on Tuesday morning that the vote revealed “a deep-rooted belief in white supremacy.” Gov. John Bel Edwards, a Democrat, called the bill unnecessarily divisive and problematic. Hypocrites at their best. This is why I moved 50 miles away from New Orleans, that I love dearly, born and raised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting. Some people call it progress. Not really sure how to respond to this outside of the political forum.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Obviously not enough people cared enough about them to keep them.

Maybe obvious to you.
It was a city counsel vote to remove them, not like they had any public vote about it.

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They say that those who don't know their history are doomed to repeat it... Our country is so divided these days I'm genuinely concerned that there may be a "repeat" of the original inspiration behind these statues. In any event, at least I know which side is armed.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Well if that where the case they would have not had cops out in full force now would they, instead the city inspector would have been out handing out hard hat to all those who did not care enough.

Just saying,

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Huh? Lol like we had a voice in the matter. It was the "wanting to be elected again" Mayor and the new Governor (D). The public who were offended never even paid attention to the statues much less even knew any history of it. It was manufactured racism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They say that those who don't know their history are doomed to repeat it... Our country is so divided these days I'm genuinely concerned that there may be a "repeat" of the original inspiration behind these statues. In any event, at least I know which side is armed.

Amen, brother. Times 1000.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not know how we can possibly discuss this with out dragging politics into it. I agree with every post that I have deleted. That being said instead of running in here and getting my own self banned I am going to lock the thread. I have made a promise to up hold the rules of the site so I will abide by my promise The original post gives the sad details.
On the other hand in the charter member section they have a political forum where you may comment as you please. Out here we have to be family friendly and I hope that you all understand the direction that this is headed.
Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread