couple finds safe burred in back yard...

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
From https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/couple-finds-buried-safe-in-backyard/ar-AAxrcCl?ocid=spartandhp

For years Matthew and Maria Colonna-Emanuel thought a piece of rusty metal behind some trees in their backyard was just part of a cable or electrical box.But it wasn't. It was a safe containing $52,000 in cash, gold and diamonds. And the story of how they discovered it -- and what the couple did next -- is remarkable.The couple saw the metal box between some trees when they moved in to their Staten Island home in New York, but never paid much attention to it. "I thought it was an electrical box," Matthew Colonna-Emanuel told CNN affiliate WCBS.
They dug it up
When trees in their yard were damaged by wildlife they got a better view. "It [the box] was really prominent when the deer ate away all the foliage," Matthew said. After digging it up they realized it was a rusty old safe. Inside they found wet money, and a lot of jewelry in plastic bags. "Hundreds, jewelry, diamonds, engagement ring. Dozens of rings, gold with jade. It was stunning," said Matthew.

AAxr7AS.img

RandyTheKid

Mar 16, 2018
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's crazy! If I ever found a safe metal decteting i would probably pass out. :)

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now the insurance company will be calling to lay claim on the payout or contents of the safe they paid the homeowner! Providing the homeowner filed an insurance claim and received compensation.

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the looks of the home next door, the safe's contents were probably insured and the owners most likely already collected insurance on the stolen goods. Now, they will have to pay the insurance company back.
~Texas Jay

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
43 years ago I thought I had found a safe in the mountains, after getting it uncovered it turned to be and old metal coleman cooler! and it was filled with mud!:occasion14:

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a safe with a buddy while magnet fishing beside a bridge. The water was down and we could just see it so we got it rolled over. The door was open and it was empty. Probably stolen. There was also a car frame with VIN cut up in there. Police didn't care.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its always someone else!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread