Why does the public think we’re an odd sort?

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the evidence presented, why would the public not think we're an odd sort? I mean what else can you think when you see old men in shorts, long black socks and sandals, wandering up and down the beach waving a stick at the ground? I don't have a problem with the gawking ... and I sure can't control what some non-enlightened sort thinks of me. Just saying. :laughing7:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
We're not?

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was thinking that most all were........cept' me. Lol:laughing7:

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL It takes a thick skin to do what we do.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes sir, sometimes our hobby compares to growing older as "It's not for Sissie's". Lol

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wait, we're NOT odd? :thumbsup:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe I am an odd sort, but looking around the beach, I am convinced the aliens are here among us.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With the evidence presented, why would the public not think we're an odd sort? I mean what else can you think when you see old men in shorts, long black socks and sandals, wandering up and down the beach waving a stick at the ground? I don't have a problem with the gawking ... and I sure can't control what some non-enlightened sort thinks of me. Just saying. :laughing7:

Tell me you don't wear black socks with sandals.

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Who says we're odd. BKLYN.JPG

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
I will tell you this. I go out of my way to make people stay away from me. I have a ball cap that i never wash it stinks and when it rains, it leaks mud. Me odd? maybe. Me wanting to spend my time doing things i want to do rather than having a Q and A session with a stranger? HELL YEAH!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a name for these people already! In the day they were called tourists! Requirements? Hawaiian print shirt colors bright enough to blind you. Pair of shorts the farthest you can get from color coordination you can get, down to the knees. High top black socks leaving only two inches of leg showing. A pair of brown wing tip shoes, polish optional. You could immediately pick out the more elite tourists because they sported the straw hat with a hula girl, tiny beer bottle, a plastic surfer & other un- recognizable objects. Their standard greeting was, (pointing at Catalina Island) "What island is that?" Our standard response was, "Oh, that's Hawaii! We stop there on the way to Japan to fish!". Whoops! Forgot! Left out the Red & yellow $1 dollar made in japan sun glasses that'd make you go blind in a heartbeat. That stick in the ground? Wasn't a detector! It was a cane sunk 3' in the sand. Ain't nothing new!

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Because I’m walking down a city street to check the only sidewalk strip in the middle of it and I got so much in my hands (detector, shovel) and on my belt with water pack on my back I look like The Predator. IMG_0366.JPG

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who's saying treasure hunters are odd ???

Attachments

• 9410181_orig.jpg
    9410181_orig.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 69

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because we are odd. The public cannot understand what we are doing and they ask too many sutpid questions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread