1925 Mail Pouch Robbery.$120,000 in $10.00 Bills. only 1 Turns up in Buffalo Bank

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Evening star. [volume]
(Washington, D.C.), 29 March 1925

000aaa.jpg
000bbb.jpg
000ccc.jpg
000ddd.jpg
000eee.jpg

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to spend one of them it was an emergency lol I bet they got spent and just floated around in circulation for years and years even when they destroy money they record serial numbers but do they even have time to check for stolen Bill's especially back the no computers ect just a thought and yes an excellent one lol. Good post Jeff love this stuff

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to spend one of them it was an emergency lol I bet they got spent and just floated around in circulation for years and years even when they destroy money they record serial numbers but do they even have time to check for stolen Bill's especially back the no computers ect just a thought and yes an excellent one lol. Good post Jeff love this stuff

I always wondered that too, when they destroy money...especially back in the day before computers..how the hell did they keep track of it??

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great post, Jeff. Wish I could find the leads you seem to get so easily. Thanks aagain.

Newspapers & Key Words :coffee2:

When you Peel over a Thousand or so Headlines a Day, You tend to come across them :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread