Mystery of Stone Carving in Plougastel-Daoulas exposes missing 1/2 of Levasseur Map - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Mystery of Stone Carving in Plougastel-Daoulas exposes missing 1/2 of Levasseur Map

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    cr
    May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    2946 times
    and the contest winner was not you (see first post)

The History Blog Blog Archive Mystery of the Breton inscription still mysterious

do the winning (partial) translations correspond at all with yours ?

us
    El Presidente

Jul 2014
    Vermont
    Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
    741 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by BillA View Post
    and the contest winner was not you (see first post)

The History Blog Blog Archive Mystery of the Breton inscription still mysterious

do the winning (partial) translations correspond at all with yours ?
    Their "interpretation" of the text used, albeit one of a partially spelled out series of shortened and altered letters, showed how they improperly deciphered their own languages, differing to a good degree between the two solves they accepted. It shows that they focused merely on the translation of the text and both were not confident on a solid meaning chocking it all off to a man of lesser intelligence.....how fitting for them to do that...

To me there is clearly a secondary alteration of the stones to hold images of faces and images of a flag, compass, square, and heart with a cross, a sign of their order. It also has a clearly carved key that is made in the stone, meaning that it is a literal key to a sort of cipher.

To then see that all ignored shows me that their agenda was merely to try to find a literary definition of the words to compile a tale.

What lay there in the area where other stones carved with images of ships, and marks of navigation added as if it related as a physical map to a location.

The wording also matched the ciphers of the so called Levasseur Troves but the cipher spoke of physically locating the Ol Levasseur "Clank" which would not be his own words, but someone passing instructions to someone to use it for some purpose, and reading further into the paper/parchment cipher it shows there is nothing that identifies a name of the author, but mentions the O Clever ROCAR (also scribed in the stone there) with the lower half of the cipher holding the same image of the ship that was found on the other stones in the area.

So seeing this as confirmation of the ciphers holding steganographic design, and tying them together in a path cipher, it matched the stone images and formed a complete map to the locations.

I could care less if I don't get the money from them flaking on the solve with a basic translation, I took that challenge to solve it because even Ian Fleming saw some importance in that carved inscription, and he himself offered a contest similar to this one to solve the puzzle.

He was British Intelligence....and obviously THEY TOO KNEW about the ciphers and wondered about the locations of the troves.

So why would something that was so intriguing and pushed not once but twice in a competition be ignored if the information was so pivotal to their own history.....something I cannot understand

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FACE DIRECTION OF TROVES - DICK NOSE highlighted.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	906.0 KB 
ID:	1876414

Maybe they were offended at what Jefferson had left for them to find..........nothing but a stab at their arrogance
    Last edited by Eldo; Nov 01, 2020 at 06:09 PM.
    But he who knows forms, is able to grasp the unity of nature beneath the surface of materials which are very unlike. Thus is he able to identify and bring about things that have never been done before, things of the kind which neither the vicissitudes of nature, nor hard experimenting, nor pure accident could ever have actualized, nor even human thought dreamed of. And thus from the discovery of the forms flows true speculation and unrestricted operation.

Chester Copperpot

Dec 2020
    Sofa
    Thinking cap. Pen and papper
    Eldo,
    Quite interesting work you have been doing. I am seeing the information but not the way you have connected it all together. I understand if you dont want to explain to me everything. I am interested in connecting the (key)stone at brest with the La Buse Cyrptogram. If I say L'aire, Syam, Rean. Am I on your path?

Chester Copperpot

Dec 2020
    Sofa
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackwat3r View Post
    Eldo,
    Quite interesting work you have been doing. I am seeing the information but not the way you have connected it all together. I understand if you dont want to explain to me everything. I am interested in connecting the (key)stone at brest with the La Buse Cyrptogram. If I say L'aire, Syam, Rean. Am I on your path?
    If anyone is here?

Does any one know where I can find high res of the Original(original copy) The ones on the internet I found are no good now I need to see the one from the archievs on Mahe.

Eldo
    I'd love to hear you reasoning for connecting the stone the Cipher. Is there anything that directly relates the two? I dont feel comfortable with the ship halves. The way you pick out 'clue' is obscure, I doubt that word be used in that way. Also I can say the same text could be a referance to the Etiane from the letter, Calliere. I understand the possible resoning and have also found la roc in my squares along with those 3 towns which if you draw a line connecting makes the triangle from the flat 'A's in the chiper. Paris is a better match but it does line up with brest.... ;p
    If the stone is a key to the Cipher is it usable? I can not find a copy of the inscription only poor photographs.

I have been working with a couple of groups of key words in a kind vigenere fashion.
    there is an annagram of the word 'square' in the second line next to, and sharing charecters with a word very closer to 'Durer'. These two together Could be taken for a clue to use a square in a certain fashion. (No evidence for this thoery. apart from the symbolism and possibly coincidence)

Also if you take the first word 'Apre' to mean harsh to hear, and the obscure word TIRESKET. Dropping the T's makes 'IRESKE' which is Danish for 'Irish' and danish being a hard language to hear for none speakers due to the unfarmilar vocalisations. This could be a hint to multi language use in the cipher. Also hints that some key words to begin the journey are sat within matching chacters,within Pair's. Unfortunatly I doubt this method will bring me 'plain as day' clear text, more groups of letters that infer a word so this can't be trusted but I have follow afew of the trails and the squares have hinted at boats frozen or stuck in a harbour that are burnt. plunder and troves. Cpt, Jim, Cpt Johnhon, brother Elfoe, Hawken. One interesting dechiperd text was CLPASMS, as in 150 psalms, I think, this is a hint to those that know that chiper is to be read three ways. Also the name demolay. Until I can find a copy of the original document or go and Photo graph it myslef( if I can find it! Any help welcome) I can't continue much further. past to the second wall.

I do believe the text has been alterd many many times Possibly as the other troves were collected? I think This Chipher is very old, has been re worked several times, may never be sovled due to coruption with out the original.
    it has been cleaned of charcters
    there are 4 maybe 5 chiphers on the page one chiper has certainly been alterd .
    I believe the document was first 'repurposed' in 1426.
    The original document has a signature.

I do think there are four troves left if you read how the Chipher has been reworked over time you will see there was a total of 36 of which four are still left, maybe 3 now?

I think if LBT is on mahe and can walk around Im sure he wouldnt need a map I have seen very good locations from air photographs but will likley never step foot on the island. and without the eye stone it could be difficult.........

1110 11010

Charter Member
    us
    Randy

Aug 2017
    SW Missouri/Oklahoma
    Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800
    17372 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Eagerly waiting for the conclusion to this story!!! Thanks for updating Us!!!
    What would life be without challenges, and detecting of course.....

cr
    May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    2946 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger RJ View Post
    Eagerly waiting for the conclusion to this story!!! Thanks for updating Us!!!
    likely longer than your lifetime

Chester Copperpot

Dec 2020
    Sofa
    Quote Originally Posted by BillA View Post
    likely longer than your lifetime
    Without a look at the original document I would agree. Certainly my work has a hit a wall.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links