: Michael-Robert.

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
British treasure-data released by the UK government has now been visualized in a series of modern-day treasure maps. You can now see at a glance where exactly in the UK you stand the best chance of hitting it big. It?s time to graduate from being a treasure hunter, to a treasure finder.
Readers of Ancient Origins news articles get immediate coverage on any significant treasures that are discovered from the ancient world. But even having over a decade of experience in the comings and goings of ancient artifacts, it would be virtually impossible for us writers, and you readers, to guess how many individual treasures are recovered in any one country in any given block of time.
Now, the British Government has taken away all this the guessing having published data pertaining to ?all treasure finds,? by county, reported between 2012 and 2019.
Compiling Britain?s Treasure Hunting Hot List

?8,775 pieces of treasure? were discovered, or at least declared, in Britain in the seven-year period. According to a report in Daily Mail , the new list published by Jewellery Box reveals ?917 individual pieces? were discovered in Norfolk alone. But no matter where you live in England it seems you are never far away from an ancient hoard.

https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-general/british-treasure-0015792

attachment.php

Attachments

• Silver Hoard.jpg
    Silver Hoard.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the post!
Very incredible, that the UK now talks-up the subject of Treasure, and boldly
(almost) encouraging treasure (Finding) hunting.....!
For several years now, I've followed thru videos, various UK detectorists, find ancient stuff...!
So, I guess, I'm really not surprised at the pride the countrymen have in their History,
through recoveries like those shown here....!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread