D.B. Coopers chute found!!

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
This is going to get interesting.
Wouldn't it suck if they find a body and prove that DB got a Darwin Award.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh now this is gonna get real real interesting here... I cant wait to hear what else they find there.. I will be a watching the news.. big time..thanks for the heads up..

OP
OP
Karinus

Karinus

Jan 5, 2008
Morrison Co. MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT
Watch them go in with bull dozers and make a mess of things, then give up after a day or two of looking.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Interesting. The tie and clip were also recovered at some spot. I wonder where it would have been to keep the DNA intact for 36 years?

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
definitely a fascinating story...looking forward to hearing the rest...if they ever figure it out! :wink:

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I love a mystery. I too wonder where it's been, cuz that part of OR gets a lot of rain. how exciting!

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder if the old DB is watching all of this publicity down in Mexico and laughing his butt off... >:D

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
stoney56 said:
Interesting. The tie and clip were also recovered at some spot. I wonder where it would have been to keep the DNA intact for 36 years?

Stoney the tie and clip were left on the plane when he jumped , they have had them for years. Might be his remains under there, but I am sure critters and natural decay would removed most of it. Then again maybe he did indeed make it and left the chute there

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Considering the Pack of money Was found where it couldn't have
Been IF He landed there

one of 2 Things happend.

He lived & Walked away.

Or it isn't his Chute.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Mt St Helens could have helped bury it.About 8-10yr ago,some woman in Pensacola claimed DB was alive and had been living there with her.I think they dug up some of her yard but then the story disappeared.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
warsawdaddy said:
Mt St Helens could have helped bury it.About 8-10yr ago,some woman in Pensacola claimed DB was alive and had been living there with her.I think they dug up some of her yard but then the story disappeared.

He jumped with 2 chutes, one of which was a training chute that could not open (sewn shut). Him taking this chute with him has lead them to believe he was an amateur at skydiving for a veteran would of recognized the dummy chute immediately. Perhaps this chute is the training one and the man's plow ripped it open after years of the threads being decayed.

Living in Pensacola huh I will have to research that? Guess it is possible as we have Rob and Amber here (survivors) lol . I think there was a fellow in prison that claimed he was DB but he has died a good while back in prison

S

stefen

The FBI have been screwing with this for years and now the agency is releasing this information to the public, hoping it will produce more information about the hijacking case. ::)

junior967

Oct 11, 2005
Charlotte County, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually about the Florida suspect. He was not D.B. Cooper after Fingerprint and DNA analysis.

Duane Weber
In July 2000, U.S. News & World Report ran an article about a widow in Pace, Florida named Jo Weber and her claim that her late husband, Duane L. Weber (born 1924 in Ohio), had told her "I'm Dan Cooper" before his death on March 28, 1995.[33] She became suspicious and began checking into his background. Weber had served in the Army during World War II and had later served time in a prison near the Portland airport. Weber recalled that her husband had once had a nightmare where he talked in his sleep about jumping from a plane and said something about leaving his fingerprints on the aft stairs.[41] Jo recalled that shortly before his death, Duane had revealed to her that an old knee injury of his had been incurred by "jumping out of a plane".[33]

Weber also recounts a 1979 vacation the couple took to Seattle, "a sentimental journey", Duane told Jo Weber, with a visit to the Columbia River.[33] She remembers how Duane walked down to the banks of the Columbia by himself just four months before the portion of Cooper's cash was found in the same area. Weber related that she had checked out a book on the Cooper case from the local library and saw notations in it that matched her husband's handwriting. She began corresponding with FBI Agent Ralph Himmelsbach, the chief investigator of the Cooper case. Initially, Himmelsbach had said Weber is one of the best suspects he had come across.[33]

The FBI compared Weber's prints with those processed from the hijacked plane, and found no matches.[41] In October 2007, the FBI stated that a partial DNA sample taken from the J.C. Penney department store brand tie that Cooper had left on the plane did not belong to Weber.[5]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread