Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Custom CTX 3030 Lower Rods by Sgoss66

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jul 2015
    Grovetown, GA
    XP Deus, CTX 3030, Garrett AT Gold. Garrett Pro Pointer AT, XP MI-6 Pinpointer
    442 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Go ahead and put me down for one. I'll shoot you a PM.
    sgoss66 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab Equinox 800
    556 times
    Metal Detecting
    btripp --

THANKS! You are on the list...

I'll contact you when the next batch is ready, expecting roughly 2 weeks...

Steve
    btripp6 likes this.

us
    Feb 2016
    Pennsylvania
    Minelab Ctx 3030 Minelab Etrac Whites Dfx
    32 times
    Metal Detecting
    Wow those pics look great. I will be ordering one soon.
    sgoss66 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    "D"

Nov 2017
    Southeast Louisiana
    Minelab CTX 3030, Tesoro Tejon, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, Tesoro Compadre' and Tesoro Cortes.
    1122 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sgoss66 View Post
    afreakofnature --

Thanks!

Can you let me know if this link works for you?

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...64-albums.html

Thanks!

Steve
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

Steve,

I just checked the link and its working fine. I'm using Microsoft Windows and Internet Explorer, the issue maybe with the type of software they're using, something other than Microsoft or it could be a web browser issue. I know when I go to our "Louisiana Employee's Online" website to do my yearly testing, it will not work properly with any other web browser other than Internet Explorer... JMO

"D"
    sgoss66 likes this.

"Blessed is the Nation, who's God is the Lord!!!" Psalms 33:12

"I have fought against the people of the North because I believed they were seeking to wrest from the South its dearest rights. But I have never cherished toward them bitter or vindictive feelings, and I have never seen the day when I did not pray for them." General Robert E. Lee

"My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me, that is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave." General Stonewall Jackson

Founder / CEO of the "Indian Creek Historical Society"

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    556 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by slick356 View Post
    Wow those pics look great. I will be ordering one soon.
    Why, thank you, slick!

I'll keep an eye out for your order!

Steve

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    556 times
    Metal Detecting
    Yep, Possumcop, I'm thinking it's software-related, but it sure seems odd...

Steve
    Possum likes this.

Charter Member

Jun 2017
    SW Florida
    Minelab Ctx 3030/ DetectorPro Headhunter Pulse/ DetectorPro Underwater 12
    23 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    If I am viewing the forum in the Treasurernet android app on my phone, the link doesn't work, but if I go to Treasurernet.com using Google Chrome browser, the link works fine.
    sgoss66 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    556 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggynotion View Post
    If I am viewing the forum in the Treasurernet android app on my phone, the link doesn't work, but if I go to Treasurernet.com using Google Chrome browser, the link works fine.
    Now THAT is interesting, Foggynotion. When using the TNet android app, and you say "the link doesn't work," are you getting that "White's" information or whatever, that some others described?

What do you make of this, Treasure_Hunter? Anything? Not that it's a big deal in my particular case, but it sounds like it may be an issue with the T-Net android app?

Steve
    Last edited by sgoss66; Mar 09, 2018 at 03:45 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    27967 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggynotion View Post

If you mean your using the TreasureNet app, it is no longer supported, hasn't been supported for long time. I recommend you download and use Tapatalk for Android or use the browser on your phone like it is a computer and access site as a pc.
    sgoss66 and Foggynotion like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Oct 2014
    Trenton, Mi.
    (2) Minelab E-Tracs, Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics G2+ LTD, Blisstool LTC64X V6 3 coil pkg, (2) Deteknix X-PinPointers, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Fisher F-Pulse PinPointer
    21 times
    Metal Detecting
    OK everyone, I joined! I was waiting until my next shipment of parts/components was closer, as for now I am sold out of the rods.

I will have my next batch of parts and supplies here in the next 7-10 days (I am expecting); this batch of stuff will be enough to make another 20 rods.

THANKS, Possumcop, for making the post; Treasure_Hunter, would it be possible to "undelete" his post? I never even saw it, before it was deleted. LOL!

sonofadigger (and others), I have uploaded some pictures of the rods to an album here on the site...

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...lbums5106.html

If anyone would like more info on these rods, please let me know.

Thanks!

Steve
    Any chance of doing a better designed E-Trac lower rod? Just thought I'd ask.
    Thanks,
    Gerry

Charter Member
    us
    "D"

Nov 2017
    Southeast Louisiana
    Minelab CTX 3030, Tesoro Tejon, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, Tesoro Compadre' and Tesoro Cortes.
    1122 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gdzag View Post
    Any chance of doing a better designed E-Trac lower rod? Just thought I'd ask.
    Steve, seems like someone, not sure who it was, but he was just talking to you about making lower rod's for different machines I just can't remember who that person was... "D"

"Blessed is the Nation, who's God is the Lord!!!" Psalms 33:12

"I have fought against the people of the North because I believed they were seeking to wrest from the South its dearest rights. But I have never cherished toward them bitter or vindictive feelings, and I have never seen the day when I did not pray for them." General Robert E. Lee

"My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me, that is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave." General Stonewall Jackson

Founder / CEO of the "Indian Creek Historical Society"

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    556 times
    Metal Detecting
    Possumcop -- LOL! Not sure WHO that was...

Gerry -- I am flattered that you'd ask.

Truth is, I HAVE "thought" about it. But, I don't think I could do it the way I'd want.

What I mean is -- my attitude toward anything I'd sell, is to offer HIGH quality at UNBEATABLE price. With Minelab's CTX rods priced as high as they are, there's a unique opportunity there for me to produce a high-quality rod, and do so at a price that is very competitive.

When looking at the E-Trac/Explorer/Safari rods, though, there's a pretty "healthy" amount of rods available on the used market, usually selling for somewhere in the vicinity of $40. And there's no way I could source the parts, invest the time to build, and then package and ship the rods for $40. It would be a money-losing proposition. Now, you might say "you could make improvements, and sell them for more than $40". However, being a "new" business, and not having a lot of "name recognition," I would expect people to be hesitant to pay more for my rods than they could get them for elsewhere. So, long story short, I don't think I would be successful, from a business perspective, trying to sell E-Trac rods.

Same thing with the Equinox. I've pondered selling Equinox rods/shafts. But, I am sure that simply making a carbon-fiber lower shaft for the Equinox would likely not draw many buyers. And since I expect the Equinox lower rods to be inexpensive, I couldn't compete, price-wise, with a carbon-fiber lower rod design. I considered making an entire shaft system for the Equinox, but -- not being a beach hunter and thus not knowing what a beach hunter would want, and since it's largely beach hunters who like customized shafts, I wouldn't know what to make that people would want.

Probably more info than you were wanting, Gerry. As my daughter would say, "TMI!"

But, I really appreciate the "vote of confidence" that you'd even request it!

Steve
    Last edited by sgoss66; Mar 10, 2018 at 12:40 AM.
    gdzag and Possum like this.

us
    Oct 2014
    Trenton, Mi.
    (2) Minelab E-Tracs, Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics G2+ LTD, Blisstool LTC64X V6 3 coil pkg, (2) Deteknix X-PinPointers, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Fisher F-Pulse PinPointer
    21 times
    Metal Detecting
    Possumcop -- LOL! Not sure WHO that was...

Gerry -- I am flattered that you'd ask.

Truth is, I HAVE "thought" about it. But, I don't think I could do it the way I'd want.

What I mean is -- my attitude toward anything I'd sell, is to offer HIGH quality at UNBEATABLE price. With Minelab's CTX rods priced as high as they are, there's a unique opportunity there for me to produce a high-quality rod, and do so at a price that is very competitive.

When looking at the E-Trac/Explorer/Safari rods, though, there's a pretty "healthy" amount of rods available on the used market, usually selling for somewhere in the vicinity of $40. And there's no way I could source the parts, invest the time to build, and then package and ship the rods for $40. It would be a money-losing proposition. Now, you might say "you could make improvements, and sell them for more than $40". However, being a "new" business, and not having a lot of "name recognition," I would expect people to be hesitant to pay more for my rods than they could get them for elsewhere. So, long story short, I don't think I would be successful, from a business perspective, trying to sell E-Trac rods.

Same thing with the Equinox. I've pondered selling Equinox rods/shafts. But, I am sure that simply making a carbon-fiber lower shaft for the Equinox would likely not draw many buyers. And since I expect the Equinox lower rods to be inexpensive, I couldn't compete, price-wise, with a carbon-fiber lower rod design. I considered making an entire shaft system for the Equinox, but -- not being a beach hunter and thus not knowing what a beach hunter would want, and since it's largely beach hunters who like customized shafts, I wouldn't know what to make that people would want.

Probably more info than you were wanting, Gerry. As my daughter would say, "TMI!"

But, I really appreciate the "vote of confidence" that you'd even request it!

Steve
    A little long, but.... well told Steve. Just kidding!
    Now I just have to figure out the inside joke... damn I hate being on the receiving of the joke, especially those “inside” ones... left with no ammo in a manner of speaking.
    Thanks,
    Gerry

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    556 times
    Metal Detecting
    Gerry,

No -- the inside joke wasn't about you, LOL -- it was about your request for a rod for a different machine. Possumcop suggested to me awhile back that I should consider making rods for other machines beside just the CTX...and so when you asked about an E-Trac rod, he was basically saying "see, Steve, I told you so!"

LOL!

Steve
    gdzag and Possum like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    556 times
    Metal Detecting
    A message for all who have contacted me about purchasing rods...

I received an order of 20 blank carbon-fiber tubes Monday, and 20 of the "clevis" pieces, that attach to the lower rod (where the coil attaches and where the coil cable routes into the inside of the rod) will arrive this afternoon. I have begun initial prep work on the tubes, and when the clevises arrive today, I will begin assembly on a batch of 20 lower rods. I should have the rods available to be shipped starting next week. If you are on the pre-order list, I will be contacting you individually with about a week to arrange payment/shipment. If you are not on the list, but wish to be, or if you are interested in more information or to confirm your place on the pre-order list, please contact me via PM. In addition, my website is just about ready -- it is up and running, but still requires a few tweaks so I'm not releasing the URL publicly yet. But, I would be glad to give the URL out individually/privately, as the information contained on the page (including pictures) is complete enough so as to be helpful.

THANKS to all who have shown interest in "Steve's Rods."

Steve
    Foggynotion and chappy(IN) like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links