Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: The Minelab Equinox: “From Beginner to Advanced”

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    cjc
    ca
    ...pirate, not smiling...

Mar 2006
    n/a
    DFX, GQA2, (2) 'Cuda, Excal, (1 & 2) Sov. Elite, CZ20, Surf Dual Field...
    1064 times

The Minelab Equinox: “From Beginner to Advanced”

The Minelab Equinox: “From Beginner to Advanced”
    Clive James Clynick is the author of some 20 previous detector “how-to” manuals, numerous articles and product reviews. In this detailed and informative book he explains the Minelab Equinox’s ground breaking technology and how it can help you to find treasure.

• Customizing the Equinox for your Conditions and Targets Sought.
    • “Multi IQ” and High Gain Detector Operating Characteristics.
    • Understanding and Applying the Equinox’s Features.
    • Audio, Meter and Coil Control “Skill Building.”
    • Beach, Shallow Water and “In-Iron” Skill Building with the Equinox.
    • The Equinox as a Gold Jewellery-Hunting Machine.
    • “Reverse” Hunting with the Equinox.
    • Bottlecaps and Other Problem Targets.

​...and much more

(111 Pages, Softbound, $16.95):
    Ordering: Home | Clive's Gold Page
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2795FX.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	437.7 KB 
ID:	1574499   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2791BX.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	377.2 KB 
ID:	1574500  
    cjc

us
    May 2014
    Oregon
    Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
    1319 times
    Metal Detecting
    So funny... lol

The EQ has not been around long enough for anyone to master it... this guy wants to sell you books already... Crazy..

Just look at all of the treasure he has already found under the coil pics. big smile... come on CJC really ?? LOL LOL lOL
    Last edited by masterjedi; Apr 06, 2018 at 08:52 PM.
    G.A.P.metal likes this.

cjc
    ca

Mar 2006
    n/a
    1064 times
    ...if you say it--why, it must be true...
    Not mastered yet--that will be volume 2.
    Also my book is not written from the standpoint of having mastered. There would no doubt be some prickly b--- to say I was dead wrong. (You know who you are...) The book teaches in detail what the platform and features do. And a few high gain basics. (And a few fave tricks and tweaks). Then it's up to the reader.
    Thanks for your interest.
    cjc
    Last edited by cjc; Apr 07, 2018 at 05:43 AM.
    cjc

Charter Member
    us
    TerryrSoloman.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Tesoro Mojave -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    19405 times
    Metal Detecting
    From reading a couple of cjc's "books," they are basically re-written owners manuals. He publishes every time a new machine comes out. I think he goes to the online manual and just rips it off.

us
    May 2014
    Oregon
    Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
    1319 times
    Metal Detecting
    Thanks Terry - Yes, I have had many PM's about him ripping off people with info that is already out there.. Hope he gets the message that we do not like people that make a profit off of people that just love the hobby.

CJC... crawl back into your hole. quit trying to make a profit off of info that is already out there. You are not credible to any of us.

Gary from Oregon

cjc
    ca

Mar 2006
    n/a
    1064 times
    My books are highly detailed manuals based on my 39 years of detecting. I also get tips and tricks from top hunters worldwide. Never had a complaint or a return. Read my feedback--that says more than any number of you barking dogs. Not even sure why I respond to someone who lists their shovels. I barely even deal with beginner stuff--as would be covered in the manuals. Too much else to say. I have four books on the Excalibur--is all that out of the manual? And what about "Pulsepower?" What manual is that from?
    Never a shortage of haters and trolls.
    cjc
    http://clivesgoldpage.com/
    Last edited by cjc; Apr 07, 2018 at 07:03 PM.
    cjc

us
    Dec 2011
    61 times
    Metal Detecting
    I have purchased virtually every book that Clive has written. All have paid for themselves many times over. These are not rewritten user manuals, these are well written books that teach you what questions to ask, and teaches you how to answer them. A good critique of a machine thru the eyes of an experienced detectorist, outlining strengths and weaknesses of the machine in question, is a very valuable resource.

I have already ordered his book in the Equinox, and I have not even received the detector itself. His books are that good.

Thank you Clive for all you have taught me thru your writing.
    RustyGold likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2015
    NC
    Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre, Nokta Pin pointer.
    2662 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I have not read any of Clive's books. Still, Even if they were re-writes of manuals, they could be worth the money as long as they give a better understanding of how to use the detector. Most manuals give you the basic functions of a device but don't go into details of how they can be used with other functions of a machine. Real world applications along with good written examples can help a person understand their detector in a way that a manual cannot.

I am sure you have heard the old saying, "more than one way to skin a cat"
    This applies to writing. so, he may touch on stuff that is already out there but that don't mean what is already out there is better written.

Let the people who purchase his books decide if its worth it or not. Their reviews will make or break his efforts.

Just my thoughts
    Dig till you drop!

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    2826 times
    I do not like getting rip off.

Feb 2016
    9 times
    The man pays to be a charter member to sale his books. If you don’t like them don’t buy them. I have had his books in the past and enjoyed them. Some of the items I see for sale on here have little or no value to me but I don’t trash the product. If this is the way this site is run then I see no need in being a charter member.
    Terry Soloman likes this.

Charter Member

Jun 2017
    SW Florida
    Minelab Ctx 3030/ DetectorPro Headhunter Pulse/ DetectorPro Underwater 12
    21 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I have purchased several of Clive's books and I have benefited from every one of them.
    Terry Soloman and RustyGold like this.

cjc
    ca

Mar 2006
    n/a
    1064 times
    Thanks very kindly guys--I knew there might be some satisfied customers out there. My mentor Terry C. used to say "when I started--all you had was your manual..." When I started there were just a few guys who took the time to explain a couple of things in posts, books or W& E articles. Guys like Donald Barthel, Jimmy Pugh, Carter and Trevellian, Bill Lahr, Michael O. Smith, Michael Chapman Karl Chulick, Wallace Chandler....I could list about ten more. That information was huge deal to me and I read it over and over and had many "Eureka" moments in learning machines as a result. This is the legacy of help that has been handed down to me and I take my responsibility to my readers very seriously. If I had nothing of value to say-- I wouldn't write. I keep in mind exactly what I would like to see had I bought that book for it to be well worth the money. If those guys aren't careful, they will hurt my feeling (doubt it though). Hope to hell I get some help from the WM--I do pay to be a charter member--not to be harrassed. Did send him a note.
    The new one has come out very well--thanks for the vote of confidence, guys. Good Luck Detecting, Clive
    Last edited by cjc; Apr 08, 2018 at 04:13 PM.
    RustyGold likes this.
    cjc

cjc
    ca

Mar 2006
    n/a
    1064 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnar28 View Post
    I have purchased virtually every book that Clive has written. All have paid for themselves many times over. These are not rewritten user manuals, these are well written books that teach you what questions to ask, and teaches you how to answer them. A good critique of a machine thru the eyes of an experienced detectorist, outlining strengths and weaknesses of the machine in question, is a very valuable resource.

I have already ordered his book in the Equinox, and I have not even received the detector itself. His books are that good.

Thank you Clive for all you have taught me thru your writing.

...shame you ordered, Sonnar--that's a comp-earning post....harharhar

kind regards, thankx
    clive
    cjc

cjc
    ca

Mar 2006
    n/a
    1064 times
    Just in case anyone is buying this horse **** here's an actual review AFTER the fact. whatchacall your contemp prior to investigation. Offerd this guy a comp too--refused. Just plain mean spirited. Thanks also WM for your "help"....that's what you get for your charter memeber money here.
    First review:

"Received my copy. Very informative. I would highly recommend."

Quote Originally Posted by masterjedi View Post
    Thanks Terry - Yes, I have had many PM's about him ripping off people with info that is already out there.. Hope he gets the message that we do not like people that make a profit off of people that just love the hobby.

CJC... crawl back into your hole. quit trying to make a profit off of info that is already out there. You are not credible to any of us.

Gary from Oregon
    Last edited by cjc; Apr 27, 2018 at 03:54 PM.
    cjc

Charter Member
    us
    TerryrSoloman.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Tesoro Mojave -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    19405 times
    Metal Detecting
    Actually Clive, I have requested to review your books several times and was completely ignored. Not even a, "screw you Terry." I had to find somebody that had one of your pamphlets so I could see what you were all about. I know that a few dozen folks are very satisfied with your work (congratulations), but I was not. That doesn't make either one of us a bad person. You put stuff on a public forum, you can expect to be challenged, criticized, even ridiculed - I know I have!

I never said you were a bad person, ugly, too skinny, stupid, or silly. I wrote that your Books "are basically re-written owners manuals." That is my opinion. I would love to review this new book and learn that I am completely wrong. I would be thrilled to say it is a work of first-hand knowledge that no NOX owner should be without. Right now, I can't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links