Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By coinshooter

Thread: A new batch of custom, hand-made carbon-fiber CTX 3030 lower rods are ready!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab Equinox 800
    398 times
    Metal Detecting

More of my hand-made carbon-fiber CTX 3030 lower rods READY (NEW - travel rods, too!)

Hi all!

I have just completed assembly of another batch of my hand-made, high-quality carbon-fiber lower rods for the CTX 3030; rods are in stock and ready to sell.

A couple of announcements...

1. PRICING

The introductory pricing on the rods has expired; the new, standard pricing on these rods will be $89 plus shipping. HOWEVER, I will offer a 15% discount to all buyers who mention this ad. With the 15% discount, pricing for the rods for TreasureNet forum members will be $76 plus shipping. I will combine shipping costs for any order of more than one rod.

2. TRAVEL RODS

In addition to standard one-piece rods, am now offering two-piece "travel rods," as a special-order item, to anyone interested. The rods will be exactly the same as a "standard" rod, except that a threaded, stainless-steel connector is used, which will allow the rod to be unscrewed/disassembled into two, roughly 16" pieces. Travel rods will normally sell for $135 plus shipping, but TreasureNet forum members mentioning this ad will receive the same 15% discount as offered on the regular rods. With the 15% discount, pricing for these two-piece rods will be $115 plus shipping.

Finally, I can send a small sample piece of the carbon-fiber tubing used to build the rods, to anyone who is interested. Please contact me, if interested in a sample.

Thanks!

Steve

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullRodDown-prototype-rot.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	1601277

Name:	TravelRod1-fullsizerot.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	708.2 KB 
ID:	1601278

Name:	twopiecerod1-rot.JPG 
Size:	205.3 KB 
ID:	1601279

Name:	RodClose-prototype-rot.JPG 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	1601281

Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Today at 06:50 AM.

Charter Member

Mar 2003
    So. Cal.
    220 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Isn't the CTX lower rod already made of carbon fiber?

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab Equinox 800
    398 times
    Metal Detecting
    coinshooter --

Yep, that's what the Minelab rods are made of. I'm just stressing the "carbon fiber" part, so that folks don't assume -- based on the price point -- that I must be using inferior materials. I'm just trying to make sure it's clear that mine are made of same material as the factory rods, but at a more affordable price.

In advertising these rods for sale, I'm trying to target people that have extra coils for their CTX, but don't have a spare rod to go with those coils. The extra rods make swapping out coils a MUCH easier process -- and yet a lot of people have avoided buying extra rods for their accessory coils, due to the high cost that Minelab charges for the rods ($175). My goal was to build a rod of equal or better quality, but at a much cheaper price, so that I could have one for each of my two extra CTX coils. Once I figured out the process, and accomplished the goal, I figured I might as well put the knowledge to use and continue to build them; I thought others might also be interested in spare, high-quality rods, if they could be had at a more affordable price...

Thanks!

Steve
    Last edited by sgoss66; Jun 15, 2018 at 10:05 PM.

Charter Member

Mar 2003
    So. Cal.
    220 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    cool, thanks!
    sgoss66 likes this.

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links