When is a forest not a forest????

mavrick03

Sep 29, 2004
Stafford Va
okay i know this is going to bite me on the ass when i pose this question
this is what i have been going with and i have searched one location to no avail but i have another one in which i will be searching hopefully next Tuesday
so i pose this question to all of you and no I'm not going to give you the answer that i have but i will let you think about it and if someone comes up with it i will tell you if its what i got i also have an idea about what tackle repository's means but the word is miss spelled

Mav

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about when it's the name of a Place (Forest Lawn) etc. or the name of a person

OP
OP
mavrick03

mavrick03

Sep 29, 2004
Stafford Va
how about i owe this to you all seeing as how you all are off base the answer is when its an Arboretum if you define the word tree repositories you get arboretum i decided to go a direction that made most sense to me i think in do time the clues when figured out will give you the name of which arboretum that each token is in then it will just be a matter of the seeker to find the tree I think some have just thought about this way too hard if you do a little research doesn't take much you will see that most arboretums have forest in them that are not forest and this is how i came up with my question you will find rather large Trees with knotholes in them in an arboretum this is where you can tackle your repository and 95% of them are free and open to the public the easiest way to hid a token and just as easy for it to have a care taker and possibly some donations by Mr stadther to each one made it easy to get permission to hide the token and a care taker for it who just by simple email reports back to M.S whether or not anybody has found one

Mav

PS if this leads you to finding a token please give me credit is all i ask.

B

borghuman

Arboratums are defined as being scientific in nature and are usually always privately owned, disqualifying them completely Mr. Smarty pants. What city or state do you know that has arboratum parks with no windows and doors or is just sitting wide open for anyone to walk into any time of the day? That is what a public place is. Somewhere the government ownes and maintains but is otherwise just there with no stockade, no guard tower, just open and used by everyone collectively such as a statue or Dealey Plaza or Trafalgar Square or the corner of Times Square or the Washington Mall. Public in every sense of the word. I also think you are thinking too hard. I mean where did you see anything about forests not being forests? I believe that when the secrets are revealed they will have nothing to do with the book but will simply be clever hidden tricks in the book we are all looking dead at. PlAySOnWords and the such. You have some good ideas such as your tackle repositoryes suggestion, but otherwise you are thinking too hard. :o

OP
OP
mavrick03

mavrick03

Sep 29, 2004
Stafford Va
broghuman
did you actually do some research before you made your comment heres some help for you go to google do a search on publicly owned arboretums and tell me how many results you return i rest my case your honor.
as far as thinking to hard not really seeing as how the whole book centers around a forest. so lets take a look at this you say where do i know of a place without windows and doors apparently you have never visited an arboretum and i also take it that you have never visited the national arboretum in washington DC as for this location is easily accessed by the public and best of all i hope your sitting down its free to go there wow unbelievable its free to go in the arboretum where is the easiest place to hide something in a tree and basically have it looked after by someone either advertantly or inadvertently just a small donation to a publicly owned and privately owned place wow did i say both publicly and privately owned wow so guess what i guess seeing as how its publicly and privately owned its not been disqualified because the publicly owned part is basically the whole thing and the privately owned parts are the nurseries and research areas which are not accessable to the public any way so why did i say this basically it just made more sense to me much smaller location easy to find easy to navigate easy place to hide something and have a care taker who can check on the tokens with out looking suspicious

and one more thing this was just an idea didn't make me right just was something else to throw out there and share with everyone not for you to criticise because you didn't agree with the idea

Mav

W

wellduh

OH MY GOSH. Is this question getting alittle hairy or what. Another question but more on a clue, if you please? On page 80 at the right of Rusful's foot is a arrow pointing towards the broken pots. still working on this picture, if anyone can help. :o

A

ashleyc

i think at this point EVERY idea is worth throwing out there and is just as valid as the next, since none of us actually knows where any of the tokens are!! and even if it's not an arboretum this certainly gets us thinking "out of the box" which is exactly what we're supposed to do. borghuman-- i think you saying things like mr smarty pants and taking a condescending tone make it LESS likely that someone will put an original thought out there. this would really impede our progress.

L

LitDoc

Wellduh, if you look carefully, you will see two arrows on that page.

H

haley

wellduh and littledoc you all must be much smarter than me because I did not notice those before and I still dont see the second arrow! ???

Haley

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread