How about "tweaking" the "ignore user" function?

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Every site has its "trolls", or people who don't add ANYTHING to the conversation short of criticizing others. That is a fact of life. Luckily we have the ability to "ignore" them.. or DO we?

I have identified one such person already, and placed them on my ignore list. Except I can still see the fact that they spewed something on other peoples' otherwise useful post.

I think it would add a LOT if we couldn't see them AT ALL, not even knowing if they posted or not.
We already have the ignore function, why not make it a true "ignore?"

Agree or disagree?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If somone quotes a person that is on your ignore list your still going to see the post of the person on your ignore list because it is a quote in a post of someone that is not on your ignore list...............It was that way on the original TreasureNet as well..................

OP
OP
Diggit

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If somone quotes a person that is on your ignore list your still going to see the post of the person on your ignore list because it is a quote in a post of someone that is not on your ignore list...............It was that way on the original TreasureNet as well..................

The QUOTES I can understand, there's no way around that. I mean the fact that if someone you are ignoring posts in any thread, you can still see a "This user is on your ignore list" post where they posted.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So your complaint is the thread tells you you can't see a certain post because the person that posted it is on your ignore list........It was that way under the old format as well, I don't see an issue here, just look past their name, your not seeing their post which was the purpose of the ignore funtion....

OP
OP
Diggit

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So your complaint is the thread tells you you can't see a certain post because the person that posted it is on your ignore list........It was that way under the old format as well, I don't see an issue here, just look past their name, your not seeing their post which was the purpose of the ignore funtion....

Forget it. Thank you.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread